1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

939 Hyperstrada I've Bought A Bike For A Ride To Italy

Discussion in 'Hypermotard' started by Robarano, Jan 27, 2018.

1. Just di it man ffs :rolleyes: (video it too) :):upyeah:

2. Never trust reviews. Try one out.

I’ve never, never, ever, ever, not even once bought a bike from a review.

I buy what I like

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Sit on the back of my bike with strings to the bars? :confused: Looking like Virgil from Thunderbirds?

Have you turned mentalist, Hexie? o_O

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. You missed the question about suitability for a pillion??? :rolleyes:
    And you knew about the Virgil thing :eek:

5. i had one . Great bike ,did the coast of Scotland on it twice and 17000 miles in 2 years. It was one of those bikes that i just kept going out on.
    When it got written off last February i decided to go for the 939sp version due to it having proper suspension and an updated clutch that doesnt make you ride off with all the skill of my mum in her fiesta. (4 clutches in 30,000 miles.)
    I bought a cheap generic top box and just drilled holes in it and used 6mm bolts and big washers to fasten it to the rear grab rail .I used it to carry stuff like locks ,maps, waterproofs and chain lube etc .
    The side panniers are not waterproof so i used a couple of those plastic bags with the resealable tops to put my stuff inside.

• Like Like x 1
  6. When you look at my other thingies, it’s the most suitable I have. So no test, string or otherwise will be of any use. :worried:

I know you wanted me to post a video of myself on FaceTube looking like a knob. But I’m not falling for it. :p

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. My grown up daughter used to go on the back. She used to head butt me quite a bit if she wasn't paying attention .

8. I love a good Euro trip. The roads are amazing and overall it's a great experience, I've done a few but next one is circa 12 years away due to the child.
    Do you have a route planned?

9. All the accomodation is booked, with general routes worked out to take in the best known Alpine passes. Basically, we have to get from one hotel at the beginning of the day to the next hotel by the end of the day. It's pretty open ended with points of interest set along the way, but we aren't pushed for time and can deviate when we feel like it. There is only one day with largish distance where we'll need to be a little more regimented. :upyeah:

#49 Robarano, Jan 28, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 28, 2018
  10. Nice one Rob, I look forward to the photos and live updates as you go :)

• Like Like x 1
  11. Yes, plenty of pics! :)

12. How do I do that? :worried:

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  13. Interesting, I’ve already got one of the best bikes to go to 8taly on. It’s a white Hyperstrada.
    Does all you have listed , great on the twisting roads , great at getting there and comfy to.
    Only changes I did was change the seat , remove the center stand as that’s fisrt to touch down, a higher screen and stiffen up the suspension as much as sensible as they do touch down a little too easy.
    Wonderful bikes.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Which seat did you change to @Mr Tea ?

I plan to leave the centre stand alone because -
    • It helps in the cleaning and lubrication of my chain while I'm away
    • I don't have a paddock stand for it
    • If I leave it parked anywhere, I'd rather it was on the centre stand.

15. Like the new bike Rob:upyeah:.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Cheers Merv :)

17. I don’t think you’ll be disappointed with the strada. I have a 939sp and although the furthest I’ve been is Holland, I found it excellent and more comfortable and way more fun than my old 1200GSA

• Like Like x 1
  18. I changed to the other Ducati seat available , I think it’s the race seat.
    Have a look the these pics. Whilst the depth of foam is still almost the same you can see the riders bum area is a lot larger at the expense of a pillion. The upshot is you can seat more where you want instead of what the seat allows you to . This of course pays even more when you get to some good bends . Made real difference for me , maybe being 6ft 2 made being in a fixed position even worse ?
    https://flic.kr/p/EcNbst

I took my stand off as I wanted to do a trackday and it was a real hinderence but when I can find the bolts and springs it will go back on as I miss it.

I real feel no difference between the normal hyper and the Strada in general riding at ‘ spirited speeds’ shall we say. I did consider a switch to the SP but would miss the benitis that the Strada has against the small suspension benefits the SP has.
    If Ducati had have asked me I would drop the normal hyper instead of the Strada and then had the sp but I guess when you factor in the Multi then that’s the reason it was dropped.
    I love it for its hooligan touring factor shall we say as it can really do both as proven on a track day.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  19. I would also point out the poor spelling and grammar in general is due to being on an iPad whilst sitting on the workshop floor !!!

20. We all do it

Do Not Sell My Personal Information