1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

939 Hyperstrada I've Bought A Bike For A Ride To Italy

Discussion in 'Hypermotard' started by Robarano, Jan 27, 2018.

1. eYE DONT :confused:

2. A word of warning: the Ducati museum is closed on a Wednesday. I should have checked before I set off!

3. I've already checked the dates. I'm there from mid Friday, Saturday & Sunday. Museum is open :), but the factory isn't. :(

4. I’m glad you got one sorted pal

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. I travelled south on a Wednesday & came back north again on a Wednesday! Terrible planning!
    But at least I had a laugh entering the car park.
    The security guard raised the barrier, smiled & waved me though.
    But my travelling companions were on a GS1200 & an Explorer. He quickly dropped the barrier and snarled: "Ducatis only!"

• Like Like x 1
  6. Enjoy your trip, I have ridden down a few times beginning in 1998 for the first WDW on a 900ss. The first half of France is fairly boring, and you have to watch your speed these days as they are quite serious about it. Once you get to the mountains you will have a hoot. As has been said, take lots of pictures.
    If you go to the factory the Futa pass goes from Bologna to Borgo San Lorenzo-it's the road they use to test the bikes on.
    My favourite is the SS67 Passo Del Muraglione-it goes from Forli to Borgo San Lorenzo-which is where Mugello is.
    Enjoy.

7. Cheers @Monty The routes to Venice have been planned to take in the well known passes, but I hadn't thought about Venice to Bologna much. :upyeah: I'll get my atlas out. :bucktooth:

Google shows it as flat as a billiard table though. :confused: I guess I could always head down the coast. :thinkingface: Ravenna, isn't that where Dovi's from? Is there a Dovi museum? :) Modena too, Ferrari? :upyeah:

Screen Shot 2018-01-29 at 11.18.47.png

8. Rob just a thought its worth putting new tyres on before you go if yours are part worn?

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. I am. It'll be having a service and tyres just before I set off :upyeah:

10. Fuckn layed my bike down, STANDING STILL!!! fuckn moronic move, was turning around and didnt open the clutch enough and sloooooowly fell over...brand new motard!!! Broke the left hand guard plastic...

11. Am i retarded? I never even crashed my dirtbikes!!!

12. Verona and the lakes, particularly Como are well worth a detour

13. Especially since a Cornwall Bin might be unique.

14. Especially since a Cornwall Bin might be unique.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Oops.I understand your pain-having dropped by bikes on numerous occassions.So long as damage is easily repairable and you were not hurt,that's what matters.

16. Nice one, mate! Looking forward to reading up on your trip.
    Have you managed to find a matching dust cover yet? :p

17. I'm ahead of you :D But they are expensive @ £200. I'll buy one eventually. :laughing:

Screen Shot 2018-01-30 at 13.46.28.png

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. What makes you think I'll buy a cover for it anyway? o_O

Covers.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  19. Yea, nah wasnt hurt...just pissed i wanted to enjoy the warm california air in the canyons with my new ducati jeans lol and newly painted helmet

20. Warm california air sounds good to me.Mostly cold and damp air here this time of year.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information