1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I've Bought Yet Another Bike For A Ride To Italy.

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by Robarano, Jun 26, 2020.

1. Matches his sockets deffo :p

2. The 1st thing I noticed about riding it was that my face felt hot as there is no airflow to your visor. You can flip your visor up at 70mph and have no wind in your face. I also had no flies on my visor after a 150 mile trip. :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. Yeah, the number plate is on the cock. I'll straighten it tomorrow. I noticed it straight away. :bucktooth:

4. Fuck....thats pretty shocking....i would never have expected....didnt get the bikers nod yesterday morning on the way to work from a convoy of 3 of them...they must have been on manoveurs in battle formation....

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. It's got a smudge on the number plate Rob, bottom left :D

6. I know. I'll get a more appropriate smudge from eBay quick sharp. :upyeah:

• Funny Funny x 4
  7. Cool. The top box is Givi branded trakker. The side ones are BMW branded and I never knew they were Touratech. I'm still learning myself, but these were the ones I wanted.

The bike came with everything the TE has, the guy must have spec'd it with everything. It definitely has the LED headlight and tyre pressure monitoring.

I found this, and I'm not sure if it's for my year of bike, but it's all I could find out.

Screenshot 2020-06-27 at 09.35.17.png

• Useful Useful x 1
  8. Even though my Arai has a pinlock I find my visor mists up due to lack of airflow and over heating fat head.
    I have the standard screen and I get a bit of buffeting but after my Panigale I find it eerily quiet to ride.

9. Oh aye. I see now. Both a great luggage so you have a nice set up. Do love a GS, I think most people that have one get the bug. :)

Enjoy!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. Or hidden away so as not to embarrass the owner thru their lack of looks

11. Nice I like them, bikes ride well. You have an ST 1050 too? Pictures please and details

• Like Like x 1
  12. Same on my RT, no wind flow so on scorchio day I don't get the luxury of wind flow through my Knox Urban Shirt. On the plus side when it rains I don't get piss wet through.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Did exactly the same a couple of years ago after touring for years with mates who had them.Its the perfect long distance tourer that you can still enjoy when it gets twisty. Around 350 miles tank range ,no chain to lube ,55 mpg ish , all the latest tech they take some beating . Very different to my Multi ,much more laid back ,they do pretty much what you ask of them in any circumstance.
    Front end takes a bit of getting used to with the telelever and keep an eye on spoke tension ( there was a batch that had problems,mine included but think that was after yours)
    I’d never heard of the XE either but you have got a really good spec with the luggage too.Enjoy it ,your Italian tour will be slightly more comfortable this time I think.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  14. I think it came with knobblier tyres etc and more trail focussed. It's basically a TE though.

15. I learnt this moring that the little chip I found under the seat is to enable "Enduro Pro" riding mode.

I currently have 4 available. Road, Enduro, Dynamic and Rain.

Like I say, I'm learning all the time. :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  16. The suspension is pretty remarkable

17. @Robarano Congratluations & enjoy!

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  18. You don't sound very geordie Rob?

19. Is he an Injun o_O

Do Not Sell My Personal Information