1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I've Convinced The Girlfriend A Ducati Is A Good Idea!

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by Ramsden15, May 8, 2018.

1. If it's going in the window bud I'd just go 748 bp, Joe public ain't going to know the difference .

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. why not convince her you need two, then you can half the running costs.....

3. Welcome to the forum. :)

4. Early 916 mono will continue to climb in value, find a good genuine one though, best return overall for your budget I recon and the most iconic. Alternative would be a 748SP/SPS

5. how big is the hipster coffee house going to be?

6. That’s the sort of man maths I’ve been using so far

• Like Like x 2
  7. This has been my thinking. Good 916s are commanding stronger money than 996s, is the 916 a better bet than 996 in terms of resale value in a few years.

There’s 748sps for sale at the moment at a good price but It’s a Japanese’s import, if that makes a big difference?, and others have questioned some of the parts on it so not sure.

8. Whatever you decide don't overlook security, the fuckers nick diggers and claw mini banks out of walls so busting into a coffee shop and wheeling 5+k of motorcycle won't be too challenging.

9. I take your point and as a display piece I’m sure I could find something that looked the part but is cheap, perhaps a none runner. But I want to invest in a bike that at least has a shot of increasing in value.

10. Yes your right and something I’m considering

11. You should have a look at the ones that @MikeG is selling... an early white frame 750SS or an 851 will not lose money. The 750SS shouldn't cost the earth.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Could you not put a nice scooter/vespa/lambretta in the coffee shop and buy a sports bike for yourself :). If its going in a coffee shop window I'd push towards a cafe racer or something retro......Cafe racers were intended "to race from coffee shop to coffee shop"
    Where's the coffee shop :grinning: a few of us on here love coffee.....A few on here not so much : unamused:

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. in that case mate id be looking at an original 916 everone knows one of them,they were the first of the line and will only go up in value, unless you fancy my 996sps??

14. fixed that for you...

• Funny Funny x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information