1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1199 I've Only Gone And Bought An 1199r...

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by MattM, Jan 25, 2017.

1. Prope"R"

• Like Like x 1
  2. Really nice bike. Congrats

shame to cover the tank with them stuck on things.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Do they actually do anything those carbon jobbies ?

4. Beautiful bike,fully understand the R attraction

5. Nice one Matt,everyone loves a r :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  6. They're going to be coming straight off. I've heard they're worthless in a drop anyway.

7. You can run a manual shock. But you need someone who is good at electronic trickery.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Just seen on their website. I can see how the man maths added up.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Love the logic, love the bike.

Congrats and enjoy :thumbsup:

10. Some wee (of envy) just came out.

11. Saw the bike in the workshop this morning. Looking good :upyeah:. Andy

• Like Like x 1
  12. Are all the 1199R/Pani R's the same spec?

13. No but don't ask what they are, I've mislaid my anorak :Bag:. Andy

• Useful Useful x 1
  14. yeah - just looking myself...:Bookworm:

15. something special about ducati R models. :upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. you going to buy one @Nelson ??

17. It's about the only thing that might tempt me into this decade...:tearsofjoy:
    Appears to be a lot of comments re how stiff the early bikes were/are. I'm trying to unravel where the changes came in.
    It's always a dilemma (to me anyhow) with these expensive/homologated bikes. They clearly belong on track, but if I owned one I'd be shitting myself...:Nailbiting:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. I had an interesting conversation with Wilf this morning around suspension and front fork off set. One of the difficulties is with the progressive rocker (1098 era) and the progressive spring (panigale R era). With a soft pre load the suspension spends a lot of time in the region where the progressive is at its stiffest. Not sure how the electronics on the Panigales caters for this. Even if you are a light weight (physically) you still might need a stiffer spring than stock which seems alien when the suspension is so hard. Linear rockers do provide more consistent feed back but changing involves potentially revalving and/or a stiffer spring and/or a shorter ride height adjuster depending on whose rocker system you choose. I've given up and just going to find as sweet a spot as I can and live with. It's not as if I going to be doing thousands of miles. Andy

19. :upyeah:congratulations Matt

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information