1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jaguar Xk Convertible, 5.0 Portfolio

Discussion in 'Non bike stuff for sale' started by domRusty, Jul 24, 2020.

1. I'm looking to sell my 2009 XK Convertible Portfolio. 82,000 miles, full service history, two previous owners. 'Ultimate' black metallic. 20 inch alloys, recently refurbished. £15,800 ono.

It's a fabulous drive: the 5 litre V8 makes for very relaxed mile-munching in Drive mode, but Sport mode and the flappy-paddle gear change make it much more responsive if required. Sounds great, as a V8 should. Full leather, heated / cooled seats. Bowers & Wilkins audio. It was a £75k car when new...! Still feels very special.

I've had it since Jan 2017 and have absolutely loved owning it but made the mistake of test-driving an Alpine A110 a couple of months ago and now have one on order, so the XK has to go.

IMG_6100.jpg

Further photos available on request. Will be advertised elsewhere in due course, but I just thought I'd give you guys the first shout...

Cheers,
    Dom

• Like Like x 3
    • Love You Love You x 1
  2. So much car for the money these !

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. I saw James May in an Alpine last year, charming car.
    Which colour are you getting?

4. I’ve gone for the “common as muck” Alpine Blue, much like the demo car:

4CD8A5EF-311D-4B5D-B187-84A8A27E2AFD.png

• Like Like x 3
    • Love You Love You x 1
  5. Definitely worth going for the later 5.0 V8. Although the XK 4.2 looks very similar the engine had been around for ages. The newer 5 litre normally-aspirated engine is as powerful (and more economical) than the supercharged 4.2L in the original XKR.

The supercharged 5.0 XKR on the other hand is an absolute monster, but the suspension is stiffer and you lose a bit of that magic carpet ride.

6. Great colour. I’ve got a 911 in sapphire blue. Colour looks exactly the same! :upyeah::)

• Like Like x 1
  7. They’ve added a pretty stunning yellow for 2020, but it’s only available on the A110S model.

7F53058A-49B6-46A1-ABD6-3C042477FC1D.png

As a kid I had a model of the original Alpine A110 in blue and it is a glorious colour, so it was an easy decision in the end :cool:

8. They call that Speed Yellow in the Porsche range. Again, great colour :):upyeah:

9. I must say I was looking at these myself. Handsome cars indeed. It was my Mrs that spotted one when we were out. She loved the look of it. Seems a pretty focused beast. Bet it’s an amazing track weapon.

Hmmm, better get busy back at work for a bit.....

• Like Like x 1
  10. So you don’t want to buy my XK? :p

(I knew I shouldn’t have mentioned the Alpine... DOH!)

• Like Like x 1
  11. Beautiful real drivers car - powerful enough, light and agile - what more could a driver want.

12. How about a metallic black XK Convertible 5.0? ;)

I am very much looking forward to the Alpine. :upyeah: It feels so light and precise, but also not harsh or hard work. Daily driving is almost as good as the Jag...

13. I had an XKR convertible in Mexico. Fantastic. Everytime I went out in it people were waving, everytime I parked someone wanted a pic. I never saw another one.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information