1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Japanese Spec Ducati

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Misterpink, Aug 16, 2018.

1. does anybody know if the Japanese spec models were the same as the euro ones? I am thinking of buying an import.

2. What age ? The emissions control is Japan is very strict and you can see some abortions of an exhaust. Also some periods of bikes were power limited. If you download the Japanese owner’s hand book from the Ducati.com website, I’m sure the performance details are still Arabic numbers. Andy

3. It's a 749R carbon 2004 model but not sure if they are same spec, I wouldn't assume so?
    They are RHD in Japan same as here .....hahaaaaa

4. i'll think you find that the wick has been turned down as post #2 suggested but also what's the import duties on this machine is it really worth it:thinkingface:

• Love You Love You x 1
  5. You may also have to pay vat at 20% as well as import duty and costs (unless it's here already)

6. So, just did a quick check on owner's manuals. 749 and 749S are available in Japanese but the 749R is not. Could this mean that the R was not available in Japan ? Worst case is probably US market which had lean fueling and closed loop crankcase breather. Andy

7. Hmmm....ok I think I will get the engine/frame number and check with Ducati.
    Thanks for the advice.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information