1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V4 Jhp V4 Pdi Photos...

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Jolley, Jan 11, 2018.

1. 15158542137771827275237.jpg Well...there's an s demo here at riders in Bristol...

• Like Like x 1
  2. Despite crawling all over the bike, I could not locate or see where the fuel lines should go. When I’m back in next week I’ll find the tank. Andy

3. should have a pin screwed in the side to locate the stand.

4. It does or at least the 3 in Moto Rapido do. Andy

5. I really wanted to love the V4 but I just cant. Its way to plastic fantastic, I cant get past the extra girth, the dash is to busy.

Its Ducati's version of Top Gears Fat Stig

6. Was at Riders in Bristol earlier & heard the V4 for the first time ..... it sounded quieter than my 899 !
    Nice bike but think I need to ride it to fall in love with it

7. There are sooo many posts about the sound compared to earlier bikes, trust me, Ducati would want to release the beast but Euro 4 has reduced the DB levels to such a point where general mechanical noises are now louder than the exhaust almost. The shape, some don't like it,some do, its evolved. How good is it, wont have the torque of the 1299, its a smaller engine, the power, revs higher so likely more power. Will it be a better bike ? Ofcourse it will, why would any manufacturer make a worse bike than its previous version?

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Erm
    Erm the the 2004 fireblade was not as good as the 954 I had both, the zx10 was apparently not as good when it went to the underseat cans model as the 1st incarnation, just saying for some bizarre reason manufacturers do release bikes not as good or not as enjoyable as the previous models.

9. Lots of Erm's there.hee, I had an '08 Fireblade that apparently wasn't as good at the previous underseat can version, but it was . You mentioned enjoyable, I would tend to agree with you on that but obviously that's subjective not objective. Ducati like all other bike manufacturers have increasingly to make products which are more intrusively safer products than before . Bottom line is that it will compete and with development , will rise to the occasion.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Quite a lot of mixed reactions to the V4. I'm not a fan of the V4 looks but I'm in no doubt it'll be a fantastic bike.
    As it stands I'd rather have my 1299S but maybe that'll change when I see it in the flesh.
    I can't understand the mad rush and love all of a sudden for a V4. If that was always the case then why didn't the RSV4 sales go through the roof?

11. There’s one in M&S Newcastle too. I thought it looked fantastic in the flesh.

Refreshing that they seem to be available to joe bloggs at the same time as the journos etc - I’ve not even read a review as yet - are there any?

12. There’s one in M&S Newcastle too. I thought it looked fantastic in the flesh.

Refreshing that they seem to be available to joe bloggs at the same time as the journos etc - I’ve not even read a review as yet - are there any?

13. Well, after seeing the v4 yesterday (the sales bloke said he'd not been out on it himself yet but would remedy that tomorrow). Initial sound was a hint of RSV4 (ive got an old factory pre-aprc) with the slight thump of L-twin (due to the firing order i guess) - a little muffled due to the stock pipes. Love the screen, definately a fan of that but, thats the way its all going now which is fair enough. Sat on it. Feels comfortable, slightly more comfortable than my RSV4, feels a little lighter too (but that could be cos the RSV4 is very, very top heavy). He did say theyve already flogged some (not sure if there are any on here). Crunch point....25k for the S. In reall world terms id have to give up all of my bikes for the one (and still be short a few k) and thats a no brainer....not a chance. As nice as it is id rather have the selection that ive got.

Lovely bit of kit but too expensive for me....i think my money (if i were shopping for a new racer) would be another RSV4 but a newer aprc model (a 17 plate 2nd hander would be perfect)

14. They have in the past Stu, depending on how you measure Worse

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. You can get a new RSVR for 16k, bells and whistles.

16. No. I believe journalist tests are in February.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Looks as if fuel feed line is on the left and drain/breather on the right, as the one on the left is pressure rated. Oddly I can't see a quick coupling for when you want to disconnect it to remove the tank. Just a "Norma" clamp fitting. If that's the case it's going to be a PITA removing the tank before fuel pours out of it.

fuel feed.jpg

18. I need to handle the tank to see where the fittings are for the pump. Tha’ll be next Thursday. Andy

19. I think the press launch is 21st January as our sales department have been instructed not to put the demonstrator on the fleet until after that. Andy

20. I guess its also probably about time to discuss what are the usual "dealer" stuff they give you when you buy a new bike - soft cover, stand etc? or what definitely needs to be on such as a tracker etc?

Considering there are no parts such as radiator guard, tail tidy etc available yet - its a bit hard so just curious as i'm due to pick mine up soon.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information