1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jim Clark

Discussion in 'Racing & Bike Sport' started by Noods, Feb 8, 2019.

1. Full video. :) :upyeah:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. Watched that last night and caught up with a lot of Grand Tour....

Sooooo much better than that BBC sanitised Top Gear shite! The BBC really know how to shoot them selves in the foot. And all because of their political bias.

3. Excellent tribute to one of my boyhood heroes! Just one question for the programme makers...... Why the *"*" did you have to put game play videos of The Hamster dicking about in it???

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. The first time I saw Jim win was British GP at Aintree in 1962 and he immediately became my hero.
    I was very lucky to have been around at the time to witness such a wonderful driver and gentleman and the following year watched him again win the GP that year at silverstone were I'd driven down with friends in my new Lotus cortina.At Oulton Park my favourite spot was the out side of old hall and Jim would three wheel the cortina lap after lap beating even the big American saloons to win.
    The usual days racing for Jim was anF1 in the gold cup, a lotus 23 in the sports car race and the cortina in the saloon race with him winning all three, absolutely wonderful.

• Like Like x 3
  5. I must apologise (olde age) as it was 1965 that we went in my lotus (EDJ706C), 1963 would have been in my Mini Cooper (8680KD) but hey what wonderful memories.
    Realised that I'd got it wrong when I dug out some old pics from Oulton Park and Babs then my girlfriend and now my wife is sat on the wing at oulton park as the bonnet was ally.
    Geoff.

• Like Like x 1
  6. These days it's one car (bike) one race (except for the TT)...

Do Not Sell My Personal Information