1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

John Mcguinness - Top Bloke

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Wassy, Sep 16, 2017.

1. IMG_3581.JPG Me and my lad are at Oulton for the BSB and John was there signing books so I bought one which he signed for the boy.
    We had seen a Bentley parked nearby and my lad loves Bentleys so he had a look round it. I noticed some of Johns books on the back seat and mentioned it to him. Turns out it's his, he swapped it for a watch he had got for winning a TT !
    Should have seen my lads face when John got the key out of his pocket and told him to go and have a sit in it.

• Like Like x 20
  2. He is a top bloke met him a couple of times.

3. Anyone with Guinness in their name is top in my book :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. I'll drink to that !!!!!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Absolutely a top man :upyeah:

20170826_102236-1.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  6. Great guy, saw him and metalwork at the classic TT DSC04276small.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  7. superb what a legend that man is

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Saw him at Goodwood Festival of Speed a couple of years ago, but didn't get to speak to him myself.

Everyone was crowding round the F1 paddocks and the drivers were reluctantly signing posters etc, John was right in the thick of things chatting with anyone who said hello.

He's an ordinary bloke with extraordinary talent.

Nasher

• Like Like x 1
  9. You think that he'd be able to afford floor mats for his Bentley. :eek:

10. image.jpeg Tried to swap the Bentley for a tube of Pringles but he wasn't having it !

#10 Wassy, Sep 21, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2017
  11. He’s not on good terms with his dentist though I reckon. Or any dentists at all.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. Anyone want to show John my external fixation kits removal video?

13. I overheard someone say "he's a total gent that John Mcguiness " at Jurby on the Isle of Man, walking round the corner I saw him so I thought alright I'll find out, said hello and had a chat for ten minutes or so, really nice guy, just down to earth normal sort, Henry Cole is the same, he winds some people up with his presenting style but when you meet him he's a top bloke.

14. All northerners are friendly ordinary folk or so they say, its part of our DNA...... ;)

15. Its not his presenting style for me, its the fact he's a whiney bastard constantly moaning at a job most of us would love and pretends he mods bike when he barely capable of wiping his own arse.

16. What a sound guy! The Arnage is a top car, too, I'm a sucker for them.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information