1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Joiner Required To Make Internal Doors

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by scratch pervert, Dec 3, 2017.

1. We’ve just oiled them. Trying to keep them as close to plain as possible. The missus and I love oak and have tried to keep it as close to original as possible. All plug sockets and light switches are from an online company called switchtowood.

We had the front door done too as well as a split back door. All oak staircase too (risers, treads, balustrades, handrail - the lot) but well impressed with that. Was getting quotes ranging from £15k-£30k for an oak staircase until I found a guy that punches all your measurements into his CNC machine and it cuts it all out. £4.5k and our joiner and builder said It was the best staircase he’d ever put together. Everything fit perfectly. That was from a very festive bloke called santer joinery.

Our builder also found some oak skirting that we’ve oiled too and that was totally worth it. Cost a couple of hundred per room but ties everything together lovely.

That’s where our money ran out though so we’ve got 2 oak windows and the rest are UPVC until we change them. Might need to start using your name :worried:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information