1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1299 Jpdiag Connection Question

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by MotoNik, Aug 25, 2019.

1. Asking on behalf of my brother; he’s trying to connect his 1299 to JPdiag to reset a service light. When connected it should say COM3 or COM4, but it’s saying 38400 in the drop-down next to the connect button.

Just wondering if anyone has experience with this software, and whether they might be able to advise or offer suggestions.

Thanks in advance!

2. First off, you'll need the right cables.
    Melcodiag with COM 3 at 38,400 works for me. I can reset error codes but can't reset the oil count-down yet.
    I've reached out to JP about this by email.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Same.

• Like Like x 1
  4. If you've purchased the correct cables and have them connected to the bike, open MelcoDiag and key the ignition to the "ON" position. To the right of the "Connect" button, a COM port should be listed. Look in device manager to determine the correct port to be utilized. COM 3 works for me. Click on the box which displays the COM port to highlight it. 38400 is the default baud rate used by MelcoDiag; that works for me as well. Click on "Any Panigale, 2013 and up" and then click the "Connect" button. The LED's on the diagnostic scanner should flash as communication takes place between MelcoDiag and the vehicle.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Thank you guys - I’ve passed on this info to my brother. Unfortunately we don’t live near one another, or I’d have a crack at it myself.

6. Did you have any luck with connecting to your bike? I`ve had a different issue, haven`t heard back from JP with the registration cle.lic file to access all the JPDiag functions, so at the moment, do what I hoped to...

7. Generally, JP is fairly responsive. If you haven't received your license file, it may be because the registration information required to acquire the license was either not received, or incomplete. If you haven't done so already, drop JP a line at [email protected] and inquire about the same.

8. Just to finish this thread off, file received! Took a while but better late than never. Haven`t actually had time to connect and try it all out as just haven`t had the time to whip the fairing off again, but I`m sure it'll do the job! Thanks JP

Do Not Sell My Personal Information