1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

959 Jpdiag On A Panigale

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Giff, Feb 11, 2018.

1. Now that you mention it... no... I haven't registered it.

Although I'm not seeing that other users mention having to register it. I've downloaded Melcodiag, it appears to have been installed ok and also appears to work... just not doing the critical part which is connecting up to my bike!

Did you find that registering the software helped when you first had an issue earlier in February this year?

2. You can download MelcoDiag without any problem... but you must register to obtain the license file from JP, then you can activate the software. Refer back to the instruction guide in this post.

3. Ok great cheers for the update!
    But just checking, if Melcodiag is not even connecting to my ECU, that's due to a separate problem unrelated to me not having registered, right?

#23 Makarra, Aug 5, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2018
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. Register the software and it will work fine, it doesn't connect until you have.

5. The software does connect pre-registration. The licence enables the diagnostic tools.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. It has to connect to read the ECU details which you send to JP. He will then send you a licence.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. Does this software work on the 1299 Panigale? Where is it available from?

8. I'm still in the process of getting the Melcodiag software to work on my 1199r, but from all the reading I've done I'm pretty sure that it's the same software for the 1299.
    Here's the link http://jpdiag.akress.com/

9. Is there a problem getting the software to work?

10. From most of the reading up I've done over quite a few months on forums like this one, if and when a problem arises it tends to be down to the wrong connector being used more than anything

11. Having donned the bat-suit and made my way over to the batcave where the moto is parked up last weekend... laptop in hand... I can now confirm that the Melcodiag stuff works a treat no questions asked :) once you have the right ELM ;)

12. Hello. I connected Jpdiag to my bike, but it doesn't recognize from ECU type to VIN. Why? What should I do?
    I can press the Get License button, but I get no reply when I send the free registratin information to him. Is it because there is no ECU information?

13. In MelcoDiag, all of the information must display before you can register successfully (ECU type, hardware/software version, VIN, etc.). If the information fails to display, the problem has often been traced back to the ELM unit. Many have purchased units which are incompatible with the program. If you're unsure about your cables, the cables mentioned in chrisw's link above are readily available, inexpensive, and guaranteed to work with MelcoDiag. If the cables that you have are known to be good, then carefully step through the procedure shown on page 1 of this thread once again.

• Useful Useful x 1
  14. Thank you for reply. I use ELM327 and the specified cable. I'm doing the same procedure over and over again, but I can't see the ECU or other information. I was in trouble.

15. Which version of ELM do you have? My issue was I had the same problem as you on a V1.00 until I purchased a V1.40

• Like Like x 1
  16. Purportedly, both V1.4 and V1.5 will allow you to connect without issues. It is possible that the ELM which you've purchased, although advertised to contain the correct chip and be of the correct version, is actually an inferior counterfeit originating from a country with a reputation of producing the same... this has been the case many times before. When you connect the ELM to your laptop, the red LED lights, correct? When the cables are connected to the bike and the bike is keyed "ON," do the LED's on the ELM flash signaling that communication is taking place? Does the "Connect" box in the upper left-hand corner of MelcoDiag's main screen turn to "Disconnect," suggesting that you have in fact established connectivity? If you're really stumped, you can always contact JP directly to see what he might suggest.

17. My ELM is ver1.5. The red LED lights up when connected, and the green and yellow LEDs flash when the ignition is turned on.
    Thank you for your suggestions. I commented on the JP, but I have not received a reply yet. I will contact JP again.

18. Also, on the JPdiag screen, when I specify the COM port and click the connect button, it switches to the "disconnect" display.
    Below that, the color changes to a green bar.

19. Well, based on the information which you've provided, it sounds like you've established communications. Regardless of the year of the bike, the "Any Panigale or 2013 and up" box was selected, correct? Beyond that, I can't imagine why the information isn't being displayed. Is any information shown in the boxes in the upper right-hand corner of the main screen (Engine Temperature, Ambient Temperature, ECU vs ELM V, etc.)? Are there any fault codes currently present on your dash pad? I'm curious to hear JP's response to your inquiry.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information