1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

848 Just A Rant As Per Usual

Discussion in '848 / 1098 / 1198' started by slinky848, May 12, 2017.

1. just making an entire thread to complain about the weather, im sure its like this purely because i bought a bike i only want to use in the sunny weather.

who can i moan at? and who can i blame for this!! and no not myself.

been weeks since ive been out so just thought id rant

• Wipe Wipe x 1
  2. Agreed.

It's May and I can see my breath in the mornings. What the actual fuck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. you guys wanna move down south... first day of rain here today in ages, if you wait for the perfect sunny day you'll never get out!! get out there!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. We are in drought warning soon says the new the other night (in North Yorkshire) - some smaller rivers are dried up :D

5. I am down south. Had rain coming through the kitchen ceiling last night

6. great even more reasons to hate anyone from anywhere but where i live,

if you need directions to me im the one under the thick black clouds

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Wipe Wipe x 1
  7. yeah was quite wet last night and this morning... dry again by lunchtime though... that sux with the kitchen mate.. call in the plasterers an go out for a spin :)

8. Got the builders in... they were the cause. Didn't properly cover up but they're putting everything right.

Looking forward to getting out on the bike again. It's been about 3 weeks, which is a huge amount of time for me as I am usually on it all the time. Too much house stuff to deal with at the mo.

9. It's the law! New bike = bad weather.

Only once in my life have I picked up a new bike and not ridden home in the rain.

10. It's doing its best, bless it.[​IMG]

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

11. Dad has just picked up a 1290 SuperDuke. Maybe he's the one to blame [emoji6]

12. yes, 3weeks is too long without a good blast on the duc!
    i miss it. cant even ooen the garage because i know ill go out, and wont enjoy the damp

13. Winterbourne (stream) - Wikipedia

14. Ayup slinky, I was the van driver I collected the glass off you about 3 weeks ago to go up north near Leeds, (Carl) you need a bike like this mate...I'll take your 848 give a good p/x

IMG_1712.JPG

15. I rode to work in the sun today I don't know what this rain you speak of is.

16. 1/10 - must try harder :)

17. I actually enjoy the rain, blasting along with the right gear on the water getting blown off the visor, have done many a mile in the wet...I am from Yorkshire it's part of the deal, I went to the Bol dor 1994 on a gsxr 750 my mates went home after the racing but I didn't want to go home, so they left me with the groundsheet out of our large medieval tent, so I went round to a campsite at st Maxine? Lent my bake against a tree tied the groundsheet to it and that was my tent...when I say it rained for 5 days I mean it rained...I laid watching the water rise towards me then rain would slow and it would subside, as I was on a tree base I was slightly higher, it was horrible I rode home with a lovely couple from bridgewater through France...those were the days, blasting off to watch endurance racing for a long weekend in all weathers...sod the rain we would never set off if we waited for good weather, great way to improve all round skills in the wet, my 749 stopped in the wet, but both 848's saw it plenty.

• Like Like x 1
  18. All that rain, ground sheet for a tent, and you baked a substantial cake amongst it all, top marks fella! :)

• Like Like x 1
  19. Theresa May's fault. Oh no, Wee Nippy Sturgeon. Oh no, hold on, Corbyn the commy. Oh no, wait a minute, probably the mealy mouthed Bafoon, I mean Fallon.

Or is it God. Yep, that's it, God. What a git :confused:

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information