Just Bough A Ducati 600 Ss

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by Paul600 SS, Nov 11, 2016.

1. Hi All,

Just bought a Ducati 600 SS (1995) looks very honest and is getting a full MOT and being delivered from Wolverhampton on Tuesday. I ride a BMW K1300S daily, only had that 6 months and done 8K miles already. Looking to run the 600 for a while and then do a complete strip and rebuild, might keep it fairly standard or go down the cafe racer route, not sure yet.

Any thoughts?

Paul

2. The only thought I have at the moment is what should I have for lunch.

Welcome Dave :)

3. Wow not much difference there!

4. Informative.....

so where do i go to get some stainless 2 into 1 exhaust pipes, the cans good the headers look corroded?

5. Welcome - any photos?:smiley:

6. MADASL based at Westbury or workshop at Castle Coombe he made these for my Monster (end can from China). Not the best picture of the actual pipework but good quality workmanship at a fair price. Zorst 2.jpg Zorst.jpg

7. Welcome Paul,
    There are some really nice cafe racerised SS's out there. My favourite is on the c2r website, a German cafe racer builder I think. Although I'd maybe keep the red bits red.

8. Cafe 2 Ride looks great, i agree i would keep the red as well. Have you seen the Youtube video:
    Ducati 750 Bevel Drive Twin - Great Sound (HD 720p)
    Thats where i am going i think. Might combine the best of both worlds though, keep it standard'ish looking and re do all the electrics, engine out and immaculate etc. I have already bought a new stainless steel bolt set, to replace all the grubby screws. I have also bought new K&N filters, will stage 2 dunk jet it as well. And will go and get the down pipes replaced.

Anything i need to look out for with these bikes?

Thanks for the warm welcome, Paul

PS do you have the postcodes for the ex down pipes place at Castle Coombe, or is it by the circuit.

s-l1600.jpg

600SS mid veiw original.jpg

Ducati 600SS side veiw.jpg

Ducati 600 SS 2.jpg

#10 Paul600 SS, Nov 12, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Westbury workshop BA134JR but difficult to find off main road turn right and immediately right . The other workshop at Castle Coombe is on the circuit and is shared with a car garage. Mark Lumb is proprietor contact number 07534 071550

10. Thanks very much, i will get onto this next week, any rough idea of order of cost?

11. Exhaust headers 2 into 1 for 1994 900 monster about £550 - it was not standard Monster one as I wanted a fully floating (parallelogram) rear caliper mount via a reaction rod and spherical bearings bolted to bottom crankcase lug

12. Paul, if you check out the sticky post by 470four in the Supersport section of the forum, "Carby SS parts needed" is the one to look at, a lot of useful SS info there.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information