1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

899 Just Bought This Beauty

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Sicilian, Jan 20, 2022.

1. In my quest to find a Red Ducati Supersport S I've ended up buying this lovely 2015 Ducati 899 Panigale. Excellent condition, 2 owners, FSH, 4600 miles.

Looking forward to having it delivered next week, sounds awesome with the stock cans, so doubt I'll bother changing them. I would have loved one of the higher spec Single swing arm Panigale's, but only had my full licence for 13 months, mid life crisis at 50!

Skype_Picture_2022_01_20T16_39_50_822Z.jpeg Skype_Picture_2022_01_20T16_39_41_184Z.jpeg Skype_Picture_2022_01_20T16_39_40_551Z.jpeg

• Like Like x 21
  2. Hi there, you wont be disappointed the 899 is a fantastic road bike , one of Bologna's best and it is a bit more useable than the bigger brothers, the standard exhausts are probably the loudest fitted to a bike in the modern era and sound great, the Termignoni's do add some "thump" though so when you feel the need for an upgrade add them and it will feel like getting a new bike for a lot less money!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Nice :upyeah:,…don’t be scared to use it,…lots!
    28,000 miles on mine now, still love it :heart_eyes:

I wouldn’t bother with Termi’s, any more money your going to spend on it should first go on a decent rear shock and next a set of lightweight wheels cos the standard ones are made of lead !
    You’ll feel far more benefits from those than Termi’s

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
  4. Great bike. Enjoy it :)

• Like Like x 1
  5. Oh, and if it hasn’t already got it get some paint protection film on the front nose of the fairing at the very least :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Looks fabulous, congratulations.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Great looking bike - good choice!

• Like Like x 1
  8. oooh nice :upyeah::upyeah::upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  9. Very nice

• Like Like x 1
  10. Hope you’ve ordered some water cooled undies:upyeah::p

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. Purdy, me like.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Look like life begins at 50 :upyeah:Lovely bike

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. If it gets too toasty might have to try this heat shield kit off of fleabay HERE.

14. Beauty :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  15. 899's are a brilliant road bike as mentioned, and also the gearing mean they are as fast as the 1199 to 60. The stock cans are rated at 105db, and I never felt the need to 'upgrade' them in my 6 years and 34K of ownership.

Brilliant, brilliant bikes . I'd rather have a 899 (pre euro 4) than a 959 or V2.

Only re-occurring issue I had was the gear position sensor, and the 15K service costs sting a bit. They tour fantastically too, check out SW Motech or Ventura for solutions. Oh occasionally the clutch needed bleeding as well.

[​IMG]

I'd have another in a heartbeat - but am treading a different route at the moment.

It's worth getting the Ducati comfort seat, makes a big difference.

RBW.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Lovely example; like the DP rearsets!

• Like Like x 1
  17. Love my 899 which I purchased a couple of years ago following 8 years out, not regretted a single moment. Termi’s do make a lovely sound and bring an extra smile, for me at least.

One of the benefits of a mid life crisis is that all the extra goodies you buy fall into the same category :)

enjoy

• Like Like x 1
  18. Lovely, you won’t regret it, I miss mine

• Like Like x 1
  19. Congrats on the purchase. Agree with the others.. The std cans are good enough and if you ever feel the need for a bit more sound, just get them de catted.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Just looked up the costs of the DP Rear sets and Carbon tail tidy, close to £1500! :astonished:

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information