1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

899 Just Bought This Beauty

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Sicilian, Jan 20, 2022.

1. Look at lightech rearsets there a thing of beauty

• Like Like x 1
  2. Yup - clutch needs regular bleeding.
    Pump, pump, squirt...All better...:upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Defo clutch bleed a lot. Think it’s an 11mm spanner for nipple. Thick seat and automotive gold sticky layers are a must. Have all that on mine and it’s bearable in high summer in UK(just).

• Like Like x 1
  4. Lovely bike

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  5. 6 more sleeps :grinning:

• Like Like x 2
  6. Thats a beaut congrats (and on the mileage). I remember the buzz when i picked up mine - i still miss it so look after her.

• Like Like x 1
  7. That looks awesome,,, as do most Ducatis but there is just something about having underbelly exhausts that do it. Enjoy your new steed when it arrives... I looked at mine for at least a week before I actually rode it

• Like Like x 2
  8. I've been looking around the web, can't find any of these with such low mileage, wondering if this could turn into a bit of an investement bike. Doubt I'd ever loose much if ever decided to sell her.

9. Nice work!

When I got my 2014 899 in 2020, it had less than 2,000 miles on it and is pretty much stock. It has been a novelty owning a bike and not changing anything on it. It had cotton reels and I've fitted a lower oil guard (new style Evotech) and throttle spacer insert. Still enjoy the sound of the stock exhausts and this is coming from a full race Akrapovic RSV4 and dual underseat, de-cat Akrapovic crossplane R1.

• Like Like x 1
  10. How many miles on it now?

11. With the lockdown and a stressful situation at work, I haven't been able to get many miles in, so it's not far into the 2000s now. :blush:

• Like Like x 1
  12. Keep an eye on the bottom rad; it’s coolant not oil. Mine split at 15000 miles, my mates at 4600 miles. Both in exactly the same place. Lower right side(not the fin surface). As you look at it from the front.

36090601-EA71-446B-841C-B0347B934783.jpeg

5C89F52E-1D0C-4DC4-A9C2-5F04292D4588.jpeg

• Useful Useful x 1
  13. No mid life crisis there!
    The crisis would be if you DIDN’T buy it!
    Take your time and enjoy the ride

• Like Like x 1
  14. Yeah, as above, get a lower radiator guard (actually I may have one that will fit that you can have for postage, but I'll have a look), the lower radiator being water is just asking for trouble.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Thanks for the pointers guys, it's got R&G rad guards on it. I'll keep an eye on the water rad.

16. Seems a very clean example and I’m sure you’ll have many miles of fun! I’ve owned my 899 from new and like everyone has said they are great bikes! I must try and use her more this year as it’s hardly moved at all the last few years…

• Like Like x 1
  17. Just took this beauty out for a blast this afternoon, was bit cautious due to the brand new boots, but fuck me was it fun!

OMG this bike is just so nimble and I was surprised how comfortable it was! In traffic I have to admit I felt it a little on my shoulders, but once moving you feel nothing, its just so light and nimble! Loved every minute or it. I was concerned about my lower back, but felt no back pain whatsoever.

I want a Panigale V4S now LOL! but thats gonna have to wait until my NCB has built up a bit, only got 1 year atm.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Wait till you roast your Crown Jewels when the weather warms up a bit:p

• Funny Funny x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information