1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just Bought This.

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by Drinky, Jun 15, 2016.

1. Shame I can't get my inner tube in the bloomi tyre!!! How hard can these things be?!!

2. They can be bastids mate. I've got a Rabaconda, the sales gumpf says its a 3 minute tyre changer with a shedful of vids of youtube. I've got it down to about 15 minutes and half a can of squirty tyre soap per tyre so still got a bit to go.
    You need as many tyre leavers as possible mate.

3. I've just bought one too !! Managed to find a couple of new ones stashed away and went for the grey, same as you Drinky I've a few bits on order.

One thing, did the fork reflectors come off easily ? Any tips ?

After 20 years it's buy bye bye Ducati....

4. Yep, came off really easily, just double sided sticky tape so a bit of heat from a hot air gun and some GT85 on a rag to get rid of the residue.
    Have just fitted the fairing which does make it look a lot more purposeful. Tail tidy on order to bin the rear mud guard and I'm waiting for some reverse megaphones to arrive. Vance and Hines are £550 for the set but I've gone for a set of non branded off ebay for £69 delivered, no loss if they turn out shit.

5. You'll love it, absolute hoot to ride, smiles all round from me.

6. Thanks for the tip... I can't wait... I got the non EU ( good timing ) V&H thrown exhausts in the deal otherwise I would have waited for other options. The dealer reckons the parts will be in early July inc the tail tidy, I hope so.

Don't you have to fit the clip ons for the fairing ?

I was going for the red but decided after years of Ducati to try another colour.

7. The fairing comes with a pair of lower clip ons which takes the bars down to roughly level with the top yoke. Did 25 miles on it this evening and didn't get any probs from wrists or back.

8. From the Bike Shed Show image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Black rims next !!

9. Yeh I can see that, they look great.

10. Nice, but what is it with 'Scrambler' style bikes and brown seats?...

11. Quick update on the cans, the £69 set from ebay dont fit, not enough clearence on the swing arm unfortunately because the looked bloody good. Will have to join the queue for the Vance and Hines.

12. I've also got the tail tidy thing on order ( next week ) but it's not the same as the one in the Inspiration Kits which is much shorter ...... Confused ?

Should hear today delivery on the parts.

13. I'm waiting but like you I think I'm going to be getting the longer uglier version. Not going to fit that as is as its pug bloody ugly so will have to adapt it slightly. Have you seen this place
    MOTO TRIO
    Their stuff looks good, I've emailed for a price on their tail tidy and shorty levers (would be nice to have a matching pair).

#34 Drinky, Jun 27, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2016
  14. Don't let that stop you.... my PS system was an "interference fit" with the swing arm to begin with. I just let them fight it out for a while until they decided on a mutual amout of clearance that would work ! :astonished:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. Fitted the Triumph tail tidy today, why oh why its made from what looks and feels like cast aluminium I cant work out but it does get rid of the rear mudguard. image.jpeg

• Like Like x 4
  16. The more I look at these the better proportioned they seem, I think the Sport Classic/PS is a bit clunky with the half fairing, but can't figure out how to change it. I tried a 900 jobbie and that looked just as bad in other ways.

17. Matt, now I love the look of the PS fairing and think it fits the bike perfectly.

18. I keep hoping it'll grow on me, like the frame colour did over time... been waiting quite a while so far - lol

19. Hi Drinky, hope you don't mind me contacting you through here - I have recently acquired a Royal Enfield 250cc race bike that I believe you once owned and am curious to piece together it's history. Hoping you could let me know any stuff you can remember. You can contact me directly on 07718401463 if you want to. Cheers. Andrew (am up in Hexham, Northumberland).

Do Not Sell My Personal Information