1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just Finished 1199 Special Labor Of Love...

Discussion in 'Wasteland' started by Peter Byworth, Sep 2, 2021.

?
  1. Yes

11.4%
  2. No

88.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. If the OP is wanting to sell it there is A.N. Other Ducati forum he could post on...

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. Ducati Forum = most people are not keen. Facebook = everybody seems to like it. :confused:

Each to their own. I appreciate the commitment but I prefer simplified, slightly worn and battle scarred - bit like myself I suppose. I also tend to spend on things like bearings, pistons, connecting rods, oil, etc - hidden, but important stuff.

O.P; at least you have done something with it :upyeah:.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. looks like a for sale post to me now ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. You'd get more putting it back to oem and selling the bits. Thats just the way the market is for Ducati's.

• Agree Agree x 4
  5. Wtf. Like a unicorn f*cked a Christmas tree :dizzy:

• Funny Funny x 5
  6. Someone loves this bike and made it into their dream, the problem is that dreams are very personal. Thats why the most popular colour for painting the interior of a house for sale is white. Here endeth the lesson on bike customisation.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  7. As long as you like it, not to my build spec but hey ho…. Me being a track day enthusiast the screen shouts WTF!!

It’ll definitely draw interest in America. Where they have plastic castles.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. make-your-decorated-christmas-tree-mathematically-perfect.w1456.jpg

Bet the Japs would like this bike though, they're into mad creations

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. This thread reminds me when I went to my first Ducati Sporting Club meet back in 2004, at Popham Airfield. Before my lifetime ban lol....

There was a guy (Roy) there who was like a typical 55-60 year old organiser who clearly was just a miserable prick, he was there bimbling around as you do....

Another new-ish member had a lovely 996 and he had just customised the fairings with a pattern of little white triangles around it. Not my cuppa but who gives a shit right?
    Well this fat old prick (Roy) decided to say in front of a group of members how horrible it was etc.

I don’t know why Ducati owners are so precious. The bike isn’t my thing but it’s his Labour of love.

It’s almost as offensive as some members here turning up to a meet, with your wives and I stand next to you and say “fucking hell, she’s a bit fat and the face of a shovel”.....

I’m all for taking the piss, but let’s be a bit nice....

#49 Jewell, Sep 5, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2021
    • Like Like x 9
    • Agree Agree x 5
  10. you've changed...

• Funny Funny x 3
  11. Perfect example of how to ruin a beautiful looking bike in my opinion. Actually makes me feel quite unwell just looking at the pictures. But hey if that’s your vision and the look you were after then fair play. I’m unfortunately going to have to say “I’m Out” purely based on the fact it’s not got any purple components. :cool:

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
  12. Fanks babez. Took me a few years but got there in the end.

• Funny Funny x 2
  13. I’ll tell him you said hi ;) :grinning:

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. I don't think the issue is that it's been modified, or altered to the owners 'taste', the Reason it's being laughed at is because it's been done really, really badly..

Most of the 'carbon' isn't carbon, it's hydro-dipped carbon 'look' - i.e cheap and fake, trying to be something it isn't.

There's no direction or 'theme' -some bits are anodised, some bits are powder, other bits are fake carbon, it doesn't flow, it just looks like someone has unleashed the late night AliExpress parts cannon.

The rearsets look like eBay China stuff, the exhaust has been wrapped badly with a product not suitable for the application etc etc.

Had it been all real carbon (or even just stock panels...), a proper heat wrapped/ceramic coated exhaust, matching fasteners etc then nobody would bat an eyelid even if modified stuff isn't their thing

If you put something out there for public consumption with a 'what do you think?' then you can't get big feelings when people highlight things that are wrong..

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Please do, he had one of the first 999’s when released.

Fat, white hair, due a heart attack soon.

• Funny Funny x 2
  16. still looks suspiciously like a mix of bike parts to me sadly

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. And snobs used to look down their noses at anodised tat on Gixxers :rolleyes:.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Jazz you’re a savage lot. Poor lad was well pleased with his lot.

19. Snobs or people with an eye for poor taste?

20. I actually think everyone has been pretty polite.

Personally I think it looks wank and I’d rather never ride a bike again than be given that for free.

• Funny Funny x 9
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Do Not Sell My Personal Information