1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just Going Out - Maybe Some Time

Discussion in 'Touring' started by Misterpink, Aug 4, 2019.

1. Yeah, just bad timing really. Next time!!!

2. I don't know - perhaps he took a trans atlantic ferry?

• Funny Funny x 2
  3. Day 1 was my first taste of solo touring in Europe-380 miles from st malo to Cap Ferret near Bordeaux. First stop for petrol at 168 with 45 still showing as distance - put my new centrestand down - and the fixing was gone!!!! No... I didn’t fit it. TRAVEL TIP - take cable ties so cable ties up and off we go. Arrival was delayed by traffic around Bordeaux and I wasn’t going to go as fast as a local guy on his KTM filtering thru narrow lanes. GEEEZZZZ!!
    Since then it’s been swimming and cold beers and relaxing - phew!! Next leg of trip on Sunday FORECAST - thunderstorms

• Like Like x 3
  4. IF YOU GO DOWN TO THE WOODS TODAY!!
    couldn’t resist a small track

2D7AE4B4-CC70-4B65-B502-1B8E51D00425.jpeg

• Like Like x 7
  5. So it's true then bit's do fall off ducati's :eek: thank christ for cable ties:upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Gaffs tape and canoe ties. Essential when taking a Ducati on a long trip. I’d add a few star rad size bolts too...

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Bikes do seem to fall apart on trips. Its been known for some to break down and need repatriation...

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
  8. No no noooo.....
    Bought some wire at a petrol station to make sure, cable ties are a great invention! Apart from that Mutley has been running beautifully— comfortable and french drivers are really respectful

• Like Like x 4
  9. No amount of cable ties or gaffs tape would fix that ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Ah but alls well that ends well & you're pretty happy with the new bike !

11. In NZ we have a ready supply of Number 8 - as @NZDave will agree - a bit of fencing wire Used to come in handy in the old days !!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Yes, and a length of baler twine comes in handy too.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. If it's an absolute emergency, you can always use the metal circle from your bike or house key ring

• Like Like x 2
  14. Sounds like you have form sir;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Left the sandy beaches of Cap Ferret this morning- next leg is around 380 miles towards Lyon - great motorway, and the last bit near st. Etienne had nice 90mph sweepers to try and get some shape into the tyre

• Like Like x 2
  16. Here’s a quiz ... where am I ? And who designed this?

86136028-1BF8-4181-8F50-AF313068A405.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  17. On the whole we’re an illiterate lot who need pictures :). If @chizel can post pictures (and me:confused:) I’m sure you can Mr Pink

18. Ha:upyeah: no sooner said than done. Thanks:upyeah:

Errr France?:D

• Like Like x 1
  19. Somewhere near Firminy? Charles-Édouard Jeanneret?

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information