1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just Going Out - Maybe Some Time

Discussion in 'Touring' started by Misterpink, Aug 4, 2019.

1. Top marks - otherwise known as La Corbusier and for an extra brownie point what nationality was he?

2. Is this a travel blog or a pub quiz???

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Before or after he stopped being Swiss?

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Depends: whose round is it?

5. Is that a question?

6. Is that an existential answer?

• Like Like x 1
  7. I just thought I would spice it up a bit, I can’t compete with @chizel - and don’t worry this is the only cultural bit - back to bikes, roads etc in 2 days.

• Like Like x 3
  8. MS,,,,Post whatever makes you happy:upyeah:Regardless

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. It's your gig mate, you gotta do it your way.. ( but more pics would be good!!:D)
    Hope ya having a blast.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Yep, look at Chiz’s thread:)

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Firminy to Provence - I have truly been MULTISTRADED!!!!!
    Start with the N88 sweeping curves that are mesmerising and plenty of bikes coming the other way - a good sign!
    Then it gets tighter and twister through the forests of the ardeche - swap to SPORT mode to get the overtakes done ... then .... OMG hit a road that’s on the side of a mountain the D120 is real twisty - real buttock clenching stuff, remembered to get off the side of the bike to get around the corners!! The occasional narrow 2 lane twisty bit - my first time going around campers, cars and caravans while banked over, trail braking and punching out of corners

• Like Like x 8
  12. 246B5BBC-C86D-4FE3-9A3A-8B84E764178D.jpeg Pic is the D120
    Part 2 - it was a pretty amazing ride and I had to remember my old track skills of looking through the corner not at anything else ..... then it was time for a short blast on the peage .. Fast!! and then smaller road which was so bumpy even at 20 mph ...the GPS mount now needs tightening up - then up a bloody goat track so steep I was in 1st absolutely shitting myself !! Then some gravel .... so EVERY road today - and I am really bonding with my bike - good old “lucky”
    More pics tomorrow - time for wine !

• Like Like x 9
  13. I’m enjoying YOUR trip YOU post whatever you want

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  14. DB,He now has the royal stamp of approval;) sky's the limit from here on:upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. 3311A5D8-39BC-4F5C-9FBB-57F2B8E3FB0E.jpeg
    Plenty of twists n turns through the towns 2F1384AE-F11E-4C12-ABC9-5AB4FACF1611.jpeg This is the road along the Durance river, which supplies most of the drinking water to Marseille and is a big hydro electric scheme
    Bumpy as ....!!! Might need new fillings

• Like Like x 5
  16. 02D3CDE8-2A92-4DF3-A22F-0911F1D535AF.jpeg
    Stopped to take a pic -typical road around here - wasn’t game to stop on the steep and gravelly ones though.
    “Lucky” managed It all in its stride

• Like Like x 6
  17. F6DE09CC-4B85-4074-8B50-E49BF10A6A35.jpeg And then you go out exploring and .... this happens, you find a gem of a place which serves ice cold beer and a great salad in the shade .... “pull up to the cafe baby”

• Like Like x 9
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Great trip Mr P, am especially jealous today as its pi$$ing down and cold here in London today !

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Good stuff Pinky, keep it coming.

I have to agree with the comment above.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. I thought it would be tricky but you can do a long weekend- I took the overnight ferry from Portsmouth which is under 2 hours from LDN get on at 9:30pm - sleep - wake up and ride off in St Malo at 8:30 on a Saturday 3 hours later you are in La Rochelle which is far enough to get some good weather, food and wine as well as roads. Then back Monday evening.
    There are NO AVERAGE SPEED cameras anywhere!!!

• Like Like x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information