1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just Going Out - Maybe Some Time

Discussion in 'Touring' started by Misterpink, Aug 4, 2019.

1. 4 CORNERS TO HEAVEN
    A few days break .. and today a short ride of 2 hours and I have to report I hit the G spot of corners !!!!
    The route was twisty but then I went through a series of bends as normal (getting used to nice roads now) and then .....4 corners with an open view ahead, but each one was cambered perfectly.. flick left, right then left and right each spaced perfectly allowing a nice transition - like a perfect surf wave or ski run .... I can’t really describe - floating between each, shifting weight, feeling the tyres grip the sound of the termi popping and barking and the security of seeing ahead ... I am sorry but had to share

• Like Like x 9
  2. 1CAF10CE-799E-4464-8C79-49E29EFEEDAF.jpeg This means ... fun ahead!!! But no idea of how tight or twisty

• Like Like x 2
  3. 2AFFB945-E176-452B-A852-CC0B96E9CDC3.jpeg 5154139B-5299-490B-93FF-C65920DE08E0.jpeg FF3B65A0-8293-4B3D-9350-CB2CA2BA97AC.jpeg
    A couple of tight hairpins and then after many attempts including steps!!! Which luckily had a smooth bit next to it... Parking at my friends house in Cotignac

• Like Like x 4
  4. Stayed there in summer 98, a nice place and great to tour from.

I’ll never forget it as the World Cup was on, in France, and the final was France v Brazil. The night of the final the town was like the Marie Celeste, not a soul on the streets at all. Everyone was inside watching the match, until the final whistle that is then the place erupted :astonished:

• Like Like x 3
  5. C7AA88E2-51D8-4D71-B660-183F8A6F90CF.jpeg 615FD5D7-4E3E-4FE5-A879-3BA33FB203A3.jpeg Gorges du verdon
    “Lucky” hasn’t not been upright all day!!!! Riding to the gorges via the lac de st Croix was great 3rd and 4th gear, warm 30 degrees and in fact more enjoyable than the gorges - you can go up the left side and back down the right side - it’s hard work, lots of concentration, overhangs, tunnels, traffic, bridges. Constantly twisting and turning, hot asphalt was greasy in places!! And.........
    Back brake got used LOADS! To tighten up the corner.

Normally call it the “Jesus brake” as by the time I have to use it I’m going “jeeeeezus!!!!!” In my helmet.
    Totally about 2 hours - then sprint to the lake for a swim, meet friends for a drink before heading home to Cotignac on back roads. A good day and tyre looks well used and don’t feel guilty that I’m going to have to peage it all the way back to blighty!!! In a few days.

• Like Like x 5

6. Video of the gorge

• Like Like x 4
  7. Awesome hope you had loads of fun great reading about it

8. That looks fantastic.. Hope ya loving it dude...

9. THE RETURN OF LUCKY
    so .. set off from Cotignac on small roads, tyres feel nice and rounded, but it was only a matter of time before I had to take the peage, and am at a stop just outside Lyon writing this......
    Do the Multistrada brakes work???????
    YES - thankfully they do as I had to do an emergency “ throw out all the anchors” from 85mph to zero!!! Nose dives rear tyre chirps as it loses contact, so just concentrate on the front. Made it with a good metre to spare in front and then looked in the mirror... the van behind stopped but daaaaamn close to my tailbag - phew !!
    So, time for a break, water, fuel etc before another hour and a half to tonight’s stop and a hot shower/cold beer combo
    ... have been staring into the distance looking for brake lights since the big stop!

• Like Like x 5
  10. B9FCD357-7473-4804-9797-F6BDAEBD3B8C.gif

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. A good ride is one where you scare yourself at least once :upyeah:

The best ones are where you are terrified from start to finish!!!

• Funny Funny x 2
  12. 448428EB-6B4D-4A33-8D5A-2ED2B3B21768.jpeg
    Not the only Ducati hacking up the peage yesterday in the heat, a monster and nice 998S mono both Dutch. Nightmare going around Lyon !!!

574B4CF5-691D-4A89-B087-5A0CFD99CD37.jpeg
    And now on the train under the channel on the way back to brexit Blighty

• Like Like x 4
  13. 4203BDCD-E1D4-4C0C-8C35-4F9EB4D87C88.jpeg Aaaaaand.... we’re back !!!!
    Clicked over 15,000mls yesterday- yeah 2010 bike has had a sheltered life, so big service time and it deserves it. Never missed a bit and plenty of smiles - love that bike!!!
    Bins are in shot especially for @Davebird

• Like Like x 7
    • Love You Love You x 1
  14. #74 Misterpink, Aug 28, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2019
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Crap Crap x 1
  15. Thank you :)

16. Oh pants!!! o_O

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Bin it, you'll never be allowed back in Europe after Brexit anyway :D

• Funny Funny x 2
  18. Unlucky!
    You might want to obscure your personal details. ID theft and all that...

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. Unlucky for you,but we are losing millions of pounds a year from the foreigner truck drivers using our toll bridges etc so why should you/me pay it:thinkingface:

20. FFS. A measly 15kph over, what a bummer.
    Anyway, if it were me I’d pay it for the sake of €45 and a quiet life.

• Agree Agree x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information