1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

959 Just Had This Delivered...

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by bettes, Jul 9, 2020.

1. Not straight forward regarding which bike was fitted with which TTX. The adjusters are different but then how do you know which electronic shocks were changed with the manual adjusters?

• Useful Useful x 1
  2. In my experience, the ones that have been converted tend to still have the 'EC Electronic' in the Ohlins sticker, which isn't fool proof but most don't bother to change it, and the Stickers have changed a bit through the years. You are right though, the thing that makes me think mine isn't a 'GP' is that I don't have the screw holes for a potentiometer.

I literally set the length of the Shock to match the free length of my V2 shock and fitted it, but I've had the shock serviced so bought a C spanner for adjusting the spring as it's a really specific size (took me 2 attempts to get the right one). I'm happy to share the standard settings recommended from Ohlins if it helps:

Mine is a DU339P shock, the standard recommended settings for road use for a Panigale 899/959 were:

Spring = 80Nm
    Preload on the Spring = 17mm
    Compression = 16 clicks from closed
    Rebound = 18 clicks from closed

For comfort road they recommended 16-20 Clicks compression, and for track, they said 12-16 compression, 16 Rebound.

Finally, and something I'm pondering at the moment, the standard shock doesn't have a top out spring but the Ohlins does, which means setting the static sag seems a little strange, for example I have about 10mm (just the bike weight, not me) and yet putting 2 turns of pre-load on didn't alter it. I think because it's up against the top out spring. My shock feels soft as well, there is a lot of travel when I sit on and leap up and down, but I need to ride it on the road to get an idea for it.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. Haven’t messed with the settings yet, Phil. The spring on mine is rated 85 and at this, I thought it’d be too soft for me. I’ve only got about 8mm static sag but got 25mm rider sag by winding the lock nuts out with about 15mm of the preload thread still showing.
    As soon as it dries up / snow clears, I’ll be taking it out for a quick spin to see how it feels.

Ian

4. That’s if the bolts don’t snap first with my fat arse! :p

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Mind me asking you what you weigh? as I'm convinced I need a heavier spring than 80Nm, I think I'd be better off with a 85Nm, I am 15st at the mo (and trying really hard to loose some!)

6. No worries mate. I’m at 15 1/2 stone now. Never been this fat before and brought on through lockdown. I’ll get back down to 85kgs during the year if we’re not locked down again.

80 maybe a bit too soft...

7. I know the feeling mate, I was 15 1/2 stone a month into Lockdown, I've managed to get to 15stone and been as low as 14.5 stone when I had the Rona! but am at high 14's so about to go for another run! I still ride the bike mostly on the road so will change to 85nm if I get doing enough track stuff this year.

• Like Like x 1
  8. carbon wheels next then mate @bettes

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Not Spending Big! :joy:
    Might do next year mate. Blown enough on it for the time being. :upyeah:

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. Picked up these new panels and tank yesterday from Moto Rápido. Won them for a very decent price on eBay. Just waiting for the fuel pump gasket set to arrive and then I can finish it off. While at MR, I spoke with Wilf and he’s prepping a modified 1299 ecu to suit the 1299 electronics I fitted so the bike should then be complete or at least until next winter’s mods start coming in. :)
    These were commissioned by Ducati UK for their 959 show bike and was called Xerox and I’m made up with them. :)

3343301C-7E44-4F54-99BB-1CF62402041C.jpeg 2C972930-B344-46AE-B932-A01DCBC0B36C.jpeg

• Like Like x 16
  11. looks stunning mate, keep the double sided swing arm and get a set of dymag wheels in there.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Cheers Cooky. Yep, wheels next.

• Like Like x 1
  13. He needs my BST rear, he does:p

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. "I'm not modding this one"....:D
    Love it mate, looks great!

#134 Nelson, Apr 24, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2021
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Cheers Gaz. You know me, I can’t leave well alone. :)

• Like Like x 1
  16. It only took you days to start the madness mate. Good effort :)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  17. Loving the yellow

• Like Like x 1
  18. fat_biker_1.jpg

• Funny Funny x 2
  19. One big one:upyeah:
    Re #139

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information