1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 DVT Just Joined....

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by markfireblade, Aug 1, 2022.

1. Do the stick-on fork reflectors come off without causing hassle?

2. Yes - use some solvent and tooth floss string or nylon thread to ease them off the fork legs, may then need a small careful clean up with solvent.

3. Agree, just sounds ‘Better’ than standard

4. Cable tie and WD40also works to get the reflectors off and then a plastic scraper

5. OK cool, thanks for the help all...

6. I like the black engine guard thingy. Is it carbon?

7. Powder coated. When used in conjunction with the Evotech engine guard, it finishes off the bottom of the engine(IMO!)

Exhaust box was painted with Hi Temp black paint. I whip it off occasionally and give it a quick going over with same paint. Seems to last quite well.

8. Looks better than the silvery standard paint. Might get mine done...

9. Exhaust box good in black too.
    I like the look of the Evotech guard on their website. Not impressed with the arty instructions though.

10. +1 for powder coating the sump fairing and the pillion footrest hangers. The sump fairing powder coating takes a battering from front wheel debris so it needs touching up occasionally.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Their products are top notch, instructions er.. a little wanting.!
    The guard is very simple to fit but beware, take great care when trying to loosen the exhaust flange nuts as they can shear, leaving you having to replace the studs. If the nuts look phuqqed put plenty of release agent on them, wire brush the thread showing and/or use a dremmel to split the nut. Easy to wind off when done.
    If nuts come off easy, replace afresh. I put titanium on mine and torqued to correct setting. 10nm, off top of my head

Found this, from another thread:

“I found the figure for the exhaust stud into the cylinder head and the nuts.
    Exhaust manifold stud bolt M6x1 10nm (9nm to 11nm) LOCK 5
    Nut securing exhaust to vertical head M6x1 10nm
    Nut securing exhaust to horizontal head M6x1 10nm”

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. That's good info, thank you. What do they mean by "LOCK 5" for the manifold stud bolt (though not relevant for this job)?
    I'd like to get a service manual - where's my best source? I don't mind paying a sensible price....

13. Look on forum for manuals. Someone might already have link.
    Lock 5 is the thread lock used, heat resist I presume
    Didn’t bother myself. Just used titanium lock nuts. 10mm, 6mm internal thread.
    They’ll never rot and won’t react to the steel stud.
    A whiff of coppaslip, just a whiff, and tighten to 10nm.

14. OK cool, thanks for your help.
    Cheers Mark

15. Where did you get the lock nuts from?
    When you say ‘lock nuts’ I presume you mean straight forward nuts. No plastic locking with them, it’d melt.

16. Another member has provided a link to many workshop manuals including one for the 2015 DVT Multistrada, have a look here. 4th from the bottom.

17. All sorted thank you.

18. Not plastic as you mentioned.
    These have metal ribs or edges which work in the same way effectively locking nut in place.
    Off top of my head, maybe Racebolt. Can’t remember exactly.
    Found this on eBay. Basically the same thing.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/11474668...qrMZcxyT4S&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=MORE

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. I had the same bike and it was the best bike I have owned. Hard to do improvements on! I put some tennis racket tape over the heated grips at 22k km as they were starting to get cracking and I have big hands so could do with extra girth. (Oo, er!) Also the pillion pegs are too close to the factory panniers for comfort so I put some ebay cheapies on for $20 which solved the problem.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information