1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just Popping Out To Italy..............back Soon

Discussion in 'Touring' started by Robarano, Sep 16, 2018.

1. I think that was for 3 nights :thinkingface:

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. ###eccellente:upyeah::upyeah::upyeah:

3. Yeah, the hotel in Venice was for 3 nights, so not too bad. I think the Swiss hotel was the most expensive in relative terms. Some of the Ibis hotels were just beds in box rooms, so you would expect them to be cheap. The hotels is Austria and Ponte Di Legno were ski hotels out of season so were very nice but good value at this time of year. :upyeah:

4. I'm hust going through some GoPro footage today and will post some of the videos of the passes and anything else I think might be interesting, at some point soon. :)

• Like Like x 1
  5. Been in the garage in deep clean mode today. :)

Front pads are goosed. :motorcycleduc: :innocent: Ordered some online this afternoon.

IMG_7515.JPG

• Like Like x 2
  6. Righty ho. A couple of videos to start with for those interested in doing something similar. I think I have the names of the roads correct, but may have been a little mixed up. Sorry about the sound, mostly wind noise as I didn't have a microphone puugged into the GoPro, but you get the idea. :upyeah:

Oh, they may be lowish res for a couple of hours.

Furka pass (Switzerland). A little tight, but OK. A lot of it was more open than this.

Grimsel Pass (Switzerland). A short video of the run down towards the Furka and maybe one of the best passes with good tarmac and vision around bends.

Gavia Pass (Italy). :mad: The road from hell. Tight, narrow , crap tarmac and sheer drops. I've been back a week and I'm only now starting to see the funny side. :( Was a lot better than this further down the mountain with some fast sweepers, this was the worst part. A short way into this video I clipped a road side post with my side pannier, hence looking down. o_O

#166 Robarano, Oct 7, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 7, 2018
  7. That last video made me tense just watching it. :eek:

• Like Like x 1
  8. Looks like you had a good trip. Last time, well only time, I did the Furka and Grimsel passes there was low cloud, rain and it was freezing. Good videos as well, clipping that post could have ended a lot worse. Thanks for sharing.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. Nice clips..

10. A couple of The Stelvio Pass heading south.

1st over the top on the tight hairpins and down the more flowing south side.

Spotted this guy on the way up and bought one of his pics online. :upyeah:

Screen Shot 2018-10-09 at 18.26.33.png
    Stelvio.jpg
    2nd video is a run down the south side, not as tight, decent scenery. :motorcycleduc: :upyeah:

11. Nice videos. And I thought the roads around here were bad. I'll take that back - some of them are billiard tables compared to a lot of stretches on those passes.

12. Rob, word of advice ref making videos.........people get bored after 3 mins ;)

13. Agree. I didn't watch the whole lot even whilst sitting on the loo this morning :p

14. A very interesting take on the Forum Members there Terry. :thinkingface: I don't share your distain for my forum peers and personally, I think most of them have a greater attention span than 3 mins. If you don't want to watch them, then don't watch them then. simples. :upyeah:

As the 20 min video shows some very distinct and different parts of The Stelvio, people can use the slider and look at the parts they want and ignore the parts they don't.

15. Nothing to do with forum members.....it's society as a whole that has a short attention span. You should have noticed that Ro...........ooh look a butterfly. ;)

16. I used to do on-bike videos and came to the conclusion that the only person who enjoyed watching them all the way through, and they were edited to cut out the boring bits, was me, re-living those great moments. To everyone else it was just a case of another on-bike video that goes on too long.

Having ridden the Stelvio earlier this summer I did watch most of the one on the tighter hairpin side, approach from the North, but still advanced along the time-line a fair bit. I did enjoy it, re-living my ride by proxy.

Just bought a new GoPro but yet to use it on the bike... so maybe something of a hypocrite in the making... o_O:rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Any change of the unedited vids? :bucktooth:

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. At last. A man with taste. :) :upyeah:

Alas, my video posting days are over and I won't upload the others. Stephen Spielberg, I'm not :laughing: and I guess the only person they are of interest to, is me. :eyes:

19. Ah, no. Please upload them. Whilst I agree with El T's comment earlier about human beings' limited attention spans etc, at least as you say we have a choice. Keep em coming. I need something to watch whilst in the bathroom ;)

• Like Like x 1
  20. @Robarano don't fall for this tinternet sex pests advances :tired_face:

• Funny Funny x 3
Do Not Sell My Personal Information