1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

K5 Gixxer (anyone Near Cubo Moto In Huddersfield?)

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by Dave, Sep 5, 2020.

1. But 5 years ago? Values have changed massively...and I reckon the the r1 in those colours will appreciate well and I remember those colours were not popular originally funny how things change

2. That's what happens when you try to keep up with a K5.
    13124100043297494233.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  3. @Dave - Have you seen this one??

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/184425946707

Unless you specifically want the Stealth, blue and white is only colour to have a K5\K6 in, when I sold mine a dealer who I nearly traded it in to said he was only interested in it as it was the "right colour combo" and it commands a higher value and is much easier to sell..... That was about 3 years ago now and I doubt much has changed....

• Like Like x 2
  4. Yes I have thanks ... just down the road from me so have arranged to view it later this week. I think I fancy a black one though.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Fair enough mate, good luck with both, brilliant bikes :upyeah:

6. That black one looks like it’s virtually brand new in the pics. Not bad for 19000 miles. Never looked at an ad for one before. They are strong money compared to similar age Jap bikes aren’t they. Supply and demand I guess.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. I saw a B/W K6 riding through my village this morning. Still looked the business. It had the standard can and sounded nice.
    Getting hard to find a decent, standard example hence the strong money asked.

8. Hi Dave,

They sell their own stock but also customer bikes for a fee. I'd ask them whether it's their stock or a customer bike. I've seen good and bad examples there. I went to see a nice looking KTM 690 but it was a customer bike with no service history hence they hadn't taken it into their stock.

They did show due diligence when I enquired about part ex for my 848 and wouldn't give any ball park figures prior to inspection so they're not just taking anything that comes through the door like 'ritebike' or 'somanybikes' appear to do.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. Speaking as someone that had a black K6 from new, kept it for 7 years, and did 24k miles on it, it's a mystery to me why people would pay over £4k for a minter today. Mine wasn't tracked and was serviced properly, but it had still lost a few bhp when I sold it. Supposedly 2nd gear wheelies, which are really easy, starve the oil pick up too...

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. This will be a present for my younger brother. He could do with some positivity in his life and has always wanted a K5.

Personally it’s a mystery to me why anyone would buy a brand new one. They cost twice as much as bikes like this, really aren’t much better and get hammered by depreciation. Crazy.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Hey @El Toro ... any chance you could spin over some time to take a look at this bike? @bettes has had to go away for work and tells me he won’t be able to get there till Thursday at the earliest.

12. I could get over there on Monday for you, as they are closed tomorrow, if you like :)

• Like Like x 2
  13. That’d be great - thank you so much :)

14. No probs - I'll PM you when I've been to see it :)

• Like Like x 1
  15. Your logic is flawed. Brand new it cost me £8k, had zero miles, and 2 years warranty. Any second hand bike could have issues, personally I'd rather have a big bang R1.

16. Between the K5 Stealth and 2010 R1 I owned, I would own that gen R1 again over the K5. I sold the K5 to get a crossplane R1.

The crossplane with decat Y-pipe and dual Akrapovic slip-on is a potent combo and sounds great. Having owned an RSV4 before the K5, then the crossplane after the K5, I can't go back to the sound of a normal inline 4.

• Like Like x 1
  17. I'm driving past tomorrow potentially (if the showroom open middle of day tomorrow?) however I have very limited experience in bike shopping.

18. I went from the K5 to the Crossplane/Big Bang R1 too. TBH I preferred the K5 as it was more agile, handling wise. The R1 needed to be wrestled to get it round corners imo.

19. Before my K6 I had a 99 R1, that I fitted 03 R1 yokes and forks with Maxton guts to, and an Ohlins shock. That was agile. The K6 out of the crate needed wrestling in comparison. I had to drop the yokes and put a spacer on top of the shock to make it turn.

20. No mate. That was 15 years ago. I’m talking about now.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information