1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kawasaki Triple

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by plug, Jun 10, 2020.

1. I seem to recall that organic or sintered pads were a revelation with 70s stainless disk brakes? Worth doing some research.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. They only think you’re bonkers cos they weren’t there at the time these bikes were coming onto the UK market, compared to the old British bikes at the time it was like the Suzuki’s, Kawasaki’s, Yamaha’s and Honda’s were being beamed down from the planet Zanussi :D:D

At the time, they were so far ahead in technology, finish and style it was like they were Alien space craft, put a British bike of the time along side and it looked decades older.....fcuk me, your setting me off, I’m gonna have to have one !!

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 2
  3. The offside fork leg has mounting lugs for another calliper, but whether you can still get the bits is the question. Here’s one from Google:

upload_2020-6-10_19-3-49.jpeg

• Like Like x 4
  4. My brother had the 400 triple, like shit off a shovel, had the three spare plugs under the seat, loved it.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Lovely. Congratulations :upyeah::upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  6. If you bought a new bike in the late seventies it was either a Jap bike or a 1950's Brit that wouldn't start & leaked oil.

7. I had the S1 250 then moved onto the S3 400 love the Kawasaki triples, lovely bike get the expansion chambers on it and re jet it re live your youth.

• Like Like x 2
  8. God this thread has just resurrected so many old memories for me of that era, sorry if I’m going off track for a little while Plug, but just indulge me for a minute if you don’t mind mate, just wanna tell you a true story from that time...

Already mentioned that my brother had a GT750 kettle, but before that he’d worked his way up the Suzuki models starting with a 250 Hustler, then a GT380 ram air, then the GT 550 ram air before he got the “Kettle “,... going back to the 250 Hustler, a blue and white one , he binned it one day and ended up in hospital for a few days, the first night he was in there we went in to visit him, so did two of his bike mates.

Keith was riding a Suzuki T200 Invader? With his mate Peter on the back riding pillion.
    After eating all his grapes and trying unsuccessfully to chat the nurses up, Peter confessed that he really didn’t like hospitals and after a while started to feel a bit “woozy “ ...about a minute later he keeled over, klonked his head real hard on the tiled floor, Took an age to come around again, so the nurses wanted to keep him in overnight for observation, so they put him in the bed next to my brother and I got a ride home on the back of the 200 Invader !! :joy::joy:

Talk about a win-win situation my brother got some company for the night and I got a ride home on the back of the bike :D bearing in mind, this was before crash helmets were law, so we were both helmet less on the way home, no eye protection, leather jacket or anything!

This was long before the current PC nanny state took over everything,...God knows how we survived so long tbh , great days :upyeah:

• Like Like x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  9. The one i've bought has 3 spare plugs under the seat also :D

10. Great buy! a guy in the next village had one, used to leave us in his two stroke wake and boasted about getting 18 MPG from it:D

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. They never got any better. I always had a couple of plugs under the seat of my KR1S

• Like Like x 1
  12. I had an RD250 back then with expansion chambers and used to park in an underground garage , off to work at 6.30 in the morning , everybody loved me !!

• Like Like x 1
  13. Happy day's indeed..reminds me of the time I was caught sneeking OUT of the nurses home..:joy:

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. It was in case you went for a big ride, change the plugs for the journey home.
    I used to keep my brothers bike "running" while he was away at uni, showing off with my chubby cousin on the back I pulled the biggest wheelie down their drive, just about got it down with the garage looming.
    Never again, not two up.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. on it... I guess we take modern brakes for granted.

16. Z Power would be able to sort you out with a twin disc kit.
    You’ll have to join the Triples Club as it’s full of information.
    You’ve got me looking now!!!

• Like Like x 1
  17. Think the sintered pads appeared in the late part of the 70s. My z250 had them and it was a big part of the sales pitch. That was ‘79

• Like Like x 1
  18. I owned a KH250 in the early 1980s ('til it was stolen).....:(
    IMG (2).jpg IMGs.jpg

• Like Like x 4
Do Not Sell My Personal Information