1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Keeping A Bike Inside On Display

Discussion in 'Detailing and cleaning' started by Dr.D, Jul 14, 2019.

1. :eek:

2. :no_mouth:

3. :neutral:

4. Robbo's pictures have lots of spirit level work in them

5. He's in York....:upyeah:

6. Ahh that explains it :)

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Having had my 999S nicked from the garage, my replacement 999R was put in the living room. My logic was that if they came back for the insurance replacement bike, I'd have the opportunity to defend it. Plus it looked cool as feck!
    Of course I was between marriages back then so it's not a trick I could pull off nowadays. Did it stink the house out with petrol fumes? No. An occasional slight whiff of fuel but no more. Certainly not obnoxious.
    During this blissful period, one of my mates told me that having motor vehicles inside your house will void your household insurance. Might be bollox, don't know. But if you ever have a house fire, drag the fekin bike outside before the assessor rocks up ;):upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  8. While we're on it............What's going on with your eyes? :thinkingface:
    upload_2019-7-15_7-10-12.png

• Funny Funny x 6
  9. They are level when you turn the picture a lil bit :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. this is a point well worthy of discussion, would be good to dissolve this grey area if anyone one on here knows the facts or has had to claim.

11. Bit of a grey area when you have a connecting door between kitchen & garage......

12. That's why fire doors are used, along with the correct fire rated materials used on the garage build.

13. I was flatly told by my insurance company that I couldn't put a motorcyle in the house as it would indeed void the insurance. I suppose I could have proceeded to ask whether it would only void a payout for fire or for anything, but was sufficiently deterred not to press it.

A shame, as those pics from Exige are absolutely awesome.

• Useful Useful x 1
  14. I have to know - is Exi collecting bikes or are they customer bikes he is working on?

15. Depends how long ago it was built!

16. for the sake of incrimination or aiding it, maybe best not to discuss on an open Forum then. All I will say is, I hope everyone storing a motorbike within domestic properties have fully drained their fuel tanks and systems. :upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 3
  17. Also batteries removed.
    Be a shame not to be covered in the worst possible outcome. Not talking property loss here.

18. I was going to mention that also Andy but there are already pics dotted around on here of people with Optimates plugged in and running. I think I might make a few tentative enquiries as there are arguable everyday appliances used within a house which are potentially just as dangerous, would be good to know just how far you have to 'disarm' a motorbike until it's deemed safe..

19. They are his pension fund.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information