1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kevlar Jeans - Recommendations?

Discussion in 'Clothing, Gadgets & Equipment' started by Berry, Jan 26, 2018.

1. Hood Jeans for me. Good quality product and nice co to deal with.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. I just bought a pair of the Hood Jeans, Decent gear, There older jeans were first class as well

3. Maybe my legs/arse are the wrong shape but the Hood jeans I had were a terrible fit and, due to the two layer design, just as hot as leathers. However, this was back in 2010, maybe they've improved them since. Are yours single layer?

4. No mine are two layer. But the fit is good, I suppose I'm the right shape. They are warm but I don't think they are as hot as leathers.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Do people keep the foot strap things on or cut them off? I'm guessing the fact they're elastic means they dont really do much in a crash...

6. Bought mine for a trip to the med, had them in the panniers and tried to use them once we were there swapping out the leather jeans I was wearing for the rest of the trip. They went back in the panniers after an hour or two and onto eBay on our return.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. I just bought a pair of Trilobite jeans. I've tried a few manufacturers now, including Hood and Draggin and I found the fit and weight horrible. I'm fairly skinny, and found the others too baggy in the arse. The Trilobites fit well, look good and breathe really well and even have zip up vents in the thighs. They don't have a UK distributor, but are available through Amazon UK.

[​IMG]

8. I don't know about other people, but to me those look kinda weird...

9. Definitely. If an empty pair of jeans came walking down the street towards me like that I would run a mile.*

* Not true actually. I am a lazy bastard, so I would probably call an Uber.

• Funny Funny x 3
  10. They look more like a leather bike Jean but in denim.

11. Crossed with a patchwork quilt! What the fcuk is that extra flap on the waist for?

12. I have a pair of these and compared to my Hood jeans they are far more comfortable and better made, I don,t care if they look a little weird, it,s how they feel when riding what matters.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Over the last several years I have owned both Hornee & RST jeans, both always worn with armour and while they were comfortable I was never 100% convinced about the protection so I went to check out the options from Rokker & Spidi. These were both a noticeable step up in quality & price but in the end I have bought some easyriders from roadskins.co.uk . They seem to be the quality of the Spidi & Rokker but considerably cheaper. Online only and very helpful sales staff , happy to send replacements when the first size I ordered wasnt right .
    I have been using them for the last 10 days or so and now they are broken in they are very comfortable . I recommended them highly and there are plenty of reviews and product info on their site.

• Thanks Thanks x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  14. Have you been caught in the rain? If so did they repel the water at all? I watched their video and they make no mention of waterproofing unlike Rokker Revolution.

15. I`ve not been rained on yet but I was told by the sales lady that they will be ok in a light shower . I`ll pour some water on them tomorrow and see if it just sits on the surface or soaks in.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  16. I gently poured a table spoon full of water on the jeans and initially it sat on the surface but after 20 odd seconds it slowly was absorbed so the jeans are not waterproof. Possibly water resistant if caught in a very light shower.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  17. Thanks for doing that, because none of these top end brands of jeans are available in nearby, finding out actual info is otherwise difficult.

18. Happy to help. Up to you how important the waterproof side of things is but it isn't important to me. Plenty of water proofing treatments for cotton are available from camping shops etc . Roadskins offer a refund if the jeans are not what you want so a relatively safe purchase.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Waterproofing would take away the airflow aspect, why I went for the Rokkertechs rather than the Revolution jeans. Overtrousers might be a pain to stop and put on but a compromise that works for me.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  20. Finally got off the fence and ordered Rokker Revolution. The shite weather recently definitely impacted my choice.

If they aren't very waterproof afterall, I have some Fabsil. Lets see!

Edit:
    Prior to purchase I was a little put off "Rokker Revolution" as I imagined the were really stiff & heavy compared to regular Levi 501s or Rokker Tech. Happy that when they arrived today the fit is just like my Levis, they are NOT stiff at all. The weight of Levis 501 is 674g and Rokker Revolution is 724g. The difference in overall feel is negligible.

I ordered leg length two inches longer than my usual jeans and its perfect with the knee armour. Now if only the rain would stop for ten minutes I'd go and try'em out!

#160 Jez900ie, Aug 14, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2019
Do Not Sell My Personal Information