1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kevlar Jeans - Recommendations?

Discussion in 'Clothing, Gadgets & Equipment' started by Berry, Jan 26, 2018.

1. Now I've ridden about in the Rokker Revolution jeans I can vouch to them being pretty damned good. Got caught is a shower this morning and only the jeans were wet!

The only thing I would say is after wearing leather bike trousers -still my preference- I notice I'm sliding around on the seat more than usual under hard braking. Nothing drastic, but as my seat has anti skid surface its something to be aware of.

Glad I bought these jeans even though they cost far too much.

#161 Jez900ie, Sep 3, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2019
  2. #163 GunZenBomZ, Jul 18, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. These are purported to be the strongest jean available on the market:
    https://www.saint.cc/products/unbreakable-slim-jeans-black

Also Klim make some very decent jeans I pRefer straight skinnies so I wear Dainese Jeans but only on Short easy rides. I will probably move to Saint but will wait for them to go on sale.

For the canyons it’s a one piece leather suit, no other options

#165 Tirefriar, Jul 18, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2020
  4. Buy English. Hood is what you need.

5. Maybe they've changed but I had some Hood jeans that were a terrible fit and the lining made them hotter than leathers. Rokkertechs are my preference by a country mile, great fit/styling, great armour, cool in warm weather and impressive protection. Wore them to the Dolomites and back a couple of years ago and will be wearing them on a trip crossing France to Corsica and back in 8 weeks time. Expensive but well worth it IMHO.

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. I haven't worn Hood jeans, but I doubt they will be better than Rokker. Hood say nothing about being cool to wear and waterproof on their site either.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. I wore Hood jeans for a few years but the one thing i found was they were baggy fit and heavy but they are a reasonable price unlike Rokker but Rokker jeans are sooooooo nice and a great fit and really light, but yes they are pricey but what price would you pay for good leather pants?

8. Hood are £160, there not that much in it really...

https://www.hoodjeans.co.uk/

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. And the Rokker Rokkertech are much more comfortable and really cool in hot weather and i found the Revolution waterproof ones are good in the cold as well :upyeah:.

10. When I was looking around for some, the UK Draggin importer bloke sent me a box of four different styles to try, as my (seemingly bigger than average) thighs cause problems with a lot of trousers. This was mainly because Riders (Bristol) used to be my local outlet but are useless. Oh, and the purpose of this - the box of jeans was free on trust to me - I just returned the three I didn't want... That's what I call service :punch:

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Grab some rokker revolutions from motolegends today, quite happy.

Plus the halvasson waist zip - thingie for allowing Rukka & their own kit to be connected to any riding throusers intertwined too a belt.

#174 GunZenBomZ, Jul 22, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  12. I have some Hood jeans, the ones with the loops that go under your boots. I had to send them straight back as the loops were held on with about 3 threads!! They returned them sewed on properly but i find them very warm, heavy and a bit baggy so I've just bought some Oxford riding jeans. They have hip & knee armour and fit much better but I've not rode in them yet.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information