1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V4 Keys

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by 6274rico, Jul 12, 2021.

1. Hi am after a spare key .don't want transponder just a blank key so I can open fuel tank and luggage cases.while keeping main key safely in zipped pocket.
    Any ideas ?
    Cheers steve

2. Getting a blank shouldn’t be a problem, they’ll be cheap enough from your local Ducati dealer, parts department. The problem arises when you want it cut, not every high street key cutter will cut a blank they have not supplied. Next time you are in town, have a chat with the key cutting booth franchisee. Andy

3. As others said, blank key. Your Ducati dealer might provide local recommendations who will cut a blank key. Save you hunting around.

4. Cheers andy

5. I wish the fuel filler cap had a key option on the 1260 GT. The keyless system is nice and all, but it's super annoying only giving you a few seconds to open the cap after turning the bike off. More often than not, I turn off, fumble for which fuel I want and then remember I need to turn the bike on and off again and open the cap.

6. I got a spare blank key from the dealer and had it cut at my local Timpsons, they have the milling machine that is needed, many other booth type shop don't have that capability.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Hi, I went this way, take a picture of the blade on the red key, arrived within three days and supplied me with the blank cutting detail, works perfectly on top box and panniers, got the electronic filler cap.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/233956695102

8. Just had a spare non-transponder key cut by this chap for my MS V4. First class service. 2 day delivery. Cut from photo of red master key. Perfect fit. £14.10 delivered. Highly recommended.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information