1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kick Stand Interchangeable?

Discussion in 'Monster' started by Plasticmorph, Jul 7, 2019.

1. Hi! We have a 695 that with some of your advice we’ve been fixing up. We’re making decent progress now and with a functioning bike, we’re pressing on with some aesthetics, starting with the left peg hanger that was super rusty. When removing it, I maaaay have been rushing a little bit and didn’t realise that the kick stand mounting shared a bolt with the hanger. In short, the bike landed on something soft... me.

Hanger is painted and reinstalled and now it ‘looks’ as though the stand has bent inwards. I’ve never been super impressed with it so it may just be my imagination but it just looks too far inward to be providing a stable prop. The stand on my 821 has always stuck out further and gives a lot more confidence so it got me wondering, does anyone know if any other bikes, like the 696 have stands that will fit?? I’ve cross referenced the bracket and it doesn’t look like any of the newer bikes use it but the attachment for the stand looks nightly similar. Alternatively look at the following picture and tell me it looks fine and not to worry!! (But it doesn’t look fine, does it??) ;)

5B5570F0-1BF8-4534-92C3-0C4E2CC9BDCE.jpeg 80ABBA2E-B40A-4DD8-B499-CF40A538CF9D.jpeg

Do Not Sell My Personal Information