1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Knox Handroid Review

Discussion in 'Clothing, Gadgets & Equipment' started by Argonaut, Jun 2, 2012.

1. I had a pair, the stiching came undone after a few hundred miles of road use. They looked good but I don't think they're built to last and I wouldnt trust them in an off!

• Useful Useful x 1
  2. be aware the gloves reviewed here are the older version, the new ones have subtle differences.

3. I've had mine about 4 years. Really comfortable and haven't had a single problem with them. And they get about 5000 miles of use a year.

4. Ive a set of Biomech. Great gloves but the scaphoid protection actually hurts my tender scaphoid after a high mileage. I too miss my old Kushitani's.

5. I recently brought a pair of their MK5s having loved their older design, unfortunately the Mk5,s have split by the scafiod protector after only 4 months, sent them back to Knox , only to be told they rejected my warranty claim, and said they had split because of the way I hold my bars...Now I have been riding for over 40 years and never had an issue with the way I hold my bars. I have used many pairs of gloves including older model Knox gloves without issue. I am frankly fuming at Knox's response . Apparently I need to learn how to hold my bars properly. I'd avoid this model if I were you. There is clearly a fault somewhere in the design

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  6. I lost trust in Knox after they put considerable effort into lobbying for lower safety standards for motorcycle clothing :mad:

• Like Like x 1
  7. I’ve had a few pairs now. Always been comfortable and offered good protection during track day offs… dunno what rev I’m on now but after a fast crash, they look fine…

8. I used Knox Handroids for years. The only problem was the little finger was too short, so uncomfortable for me.

9. I tend to put my faith in Held gloves, crashed in a pair of Phantom's twice, once on track, once on the road and they are still good to go, in fact wore them the other day!! The knuckle protector has a dig in it but other than that they are spot on. Superfrabic where you want it as well which takes the brunt of a slide etc. Great gloves

• Like Like x 1
  10. I have the mk5 Handroids, and the cuff seam is separated at the top from the rest of the glove. Doesn't affect it too much as it is still secured, but not a great design as it happened quickly on both left and right. However, they handled being trapped under the bike sliding through redgate with minimal damage (me or glove) so that's a big plus.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information