1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kr1000 Replica Build...

Discussion in 'Builds & Projects' started by Exige, May 15, 2013.

1. You didn't deburr them :rolleyes:
    [​IMG]

2. The whole battery box needs refinishing if you look closer so no :yum

3. Don't forget... :yum

4. How can I with you to remind me :thinkingface:

5. Started contemplating the underside of the tank - thinking it was going to be easier than the top :thinkingface: it isn't o_O

I wanted to try and do it in as few pieces as possible, so started on the rear main section (which will need two pieces), I needed a double reverse curvature to do the main piece. I couldn't really calculate where the bends would need to be to get a perfect match, the two sides being different geometry didn't help either. I decided to sacrifice a sheet of alloy as a test, then adjust to the results achieved to get the second attempt cock on - thankfully it worked.

I now need to start fettling the edges to fit the tank. Before that I might start roughing out the front section in one piece. Then hopefully once the front and rear sections are done I can complete the underside with 1 piece on the centre section too.

IMG_0574.jpg

IMG_0575.jpg

IMG_0576.jpg

IMG_0577.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  6. Shaping up nicely.:upyeah:...i can see you'll be getting headhunted for the next Norton product with workmanship like that.

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Nah, I'm a Kawasaki man..... :eyes:

8. With matching underpants & tattoos.;)

9. how about just using the top you have made as a dummy and just put a a plastic 5ltr can under it held onto the frame with cables ties. it will look great.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. That would actually work :thinkingface: why odes XH talk about underpants so much? :worried:

11. i think its cos you bring the best out in people exe..
    in all seriousness, you probably have access to facilities to mold plastic. worth a thought? 20lts plastic petrol cans are available too.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Shut it :no_mouth:

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. you shut it.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. Decided on paper the finm, I need to check my throttle cable clearance before attacking the aluminium :eyes:

IMG_0580.jpg

IMG_0581.jpg

After 3 iterations with paper and adjusting the depth by 1cm to clear the throttle cable route I have a pattern. (I rechecked the scale calculation and I was 1cm too deep anyway so all good)
    Now marked out on the Aluminium sheet ready to cut, but I have just ordered a Chicken Phal so that's probably it for toady :blush:

IMG_0583.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  15. Front Lower section completed, in the end I had to do the angled side walls as separate pieces, I've left them a tight fit so they can be tacked and tapped in to place as we go.
    So I suppose I should go back to the tricky rear bit soon after a bit more pondering... :thinkingface:

IMG_0586.jpg

IMG_0588.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  16. You could of folded all the sides in a strip and welded the bottom on.

17. I was going to, but then thought it would be more fun for you this way o_O

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  18. Why have you put a pannier under your petrol tank :thinkingface: :D

19. Just copying what Kawasaki did in 1981, 24 hours is along race I guess, sammidges perhaps? :thinkingface:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information