1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kr1000 Replica Build...

Discussion in 'Builds & Projects' started by Exige, May 15, 2013.

1. All I read here was, "I drink alcohol, smoke cigars and steal stuff, humans are stupid, Fry is stupid, robots are great, Bender is great, blah, blah ..."

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. Sorry, I don't know how to simplify it any more for you :(

3. Oh.

It must be a robot thing.

4. " 69 ",,, please if you are going to quote me then quote me correctly... I suggested a small MIG set to " tack" the frame, not to weld it out ;),, small tacks can / should be cut out ( apologies if this was misunderstood )

5. Appologie TTonup...it wasnt me it was the Bacardi n coke....even so i never tac with mig and weld with tig,its not so bad tacking tig and welding with mig but not on t45......if your going to quote my name its not 69 lol.

6. Drilled & tapped the top of the main frame rail tubes with an M4 thread so I could clamp them to the head stock to allow me to get the hole saw cut right for the rear seat rail support tubes...

f3.jpeg

7. f6.jpeg

A little more fettling and I can hole saw the seat support tube uprights to length (held on with jubilee clips and back bean tins at the moment just behind the lump of wood) then manufacture and fit the seat rail tubes. Then it's nearly ready for weld stage 1 :Happy:

f9.jpeg

• Like Like x 4
  8. This is all highly impressive. Well done that man!

9. Why thank you sir :smile:

10. I think it's great you're having the chance to do a practice run before the real thing :upyeah:

11. Actually your not far wrong :Wideyed:

This frame to look at is pretty cock on but due to all the bends and strange geometry, working from a model kit and scaling up from pictures there are a few areas I feel need a little tweaking. Don't think anyone would notice, but the second frame will have these little corrections and form the basis of the recreation version and this frame will be used on the 'on steroids' version of the bike.

So there, you were right (for once) :p

12. I had no idea I was right this time :D

It is all so far above my skill set you might just have well have conjured it up from a cauldron.

13. It was above mine too - learning as I go, couldn't bend tube a month ago :smile:

• Like Like x 1
  14. exciting times there matey :upyeah:

15. Should've used black duct tape, not silver. Bloody amateur.

16. Silver until the frames painted silly ;)

17. Great write up and pics , Im off to the garage now , its what weekends are for .

18. Me too! :upyeah:

19. What he said, even if there was an engineering drawing of the frame, but scaling up from old pics and a Tamiya kit is right out there :upyeah:
    Absolutely love the idea of building two.

Happy building! :)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information