1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kr1000 Replica Build...

Discussion in 'Builds & Projects' started by Exige, May 15, 2013.

1. No, the anti dive is mechanical at the rear of the forks - not sure what the rods do at the front, can only think it's a damping adjustment. :thinkingface:

• Like Like x 2
  2. have you got the headlight/upper fairing?

3. Yes, lots of pics earlier, including where I need to trim it.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Seat Unit modified over the last couple of days - I slotted the saw cut out to 3mm and inserted a 3mm sheet of fibre glass in place to bond to with Araldite. This made it easy to get the adjustment required. It needs a little fibre glass matting and resin to finish off but I just need to tweak the fit first...

IMG_0707.jpg

IMG_0706.jpg

IMG_0708.jpg

IMG_0730.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  5. Today I've been roughing out the Front and Rear tank strap brackets - all fit tight and well after an afternoon of tinkering :)
    Ignore the temporary large cross heads in the fairing mount - they will be replaced...

IMG_0723.jpg

IMG_0722.jpg

IMG_0724.jpg

IMG_0728.jpg

IMG_0726.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  6. Posted on the Chain Adjuster thread but it's all progress so adding here too :blush:
    Iconic Chain Adjusters fitted from @Jamie Clare with Gilles Lifters.

IMG_0780.jpg

IMG_0782.jpg

IMG_0783.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  7. have you sussed where yer gonna put the tax disk yet?

8. Erm, in the Tax Disc Holder :thinkingface:

9. Accurate and decisive :bucktooth:

10. true. once you make a plan. you will get round to it.
    anyways. looking good.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  11. Finished off my Oil Cooler Bracket - even got a couple of Domed Nuts (in black stainless) on the assembly: gotta have a domed nut or two on an early '80's bike :bucktooth:

IMG_0788.jpg

IMG_0786.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  12. Decided to send the anodised red 90 degree vent valve back as the original was a vertical exit - now bought a vertical one (still in gaudy red) and fitted it today.

It will probably be going black or bare aluminium after the dry build...

IMG_0793.jpg

IMG_0794.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  13. Finally decided what to do with the seat pad - not doing an upholstered seat now, going for a 20mm modern race foam pad that I can cut to shape. This makes it easier to mount the seat too and will look better. So over the last 2 days I have been filling the large hole that was cut out of the seat unit by the supplier - it serves no purpose so now gone!

Not done any fiberglass work for over 30 years, god is it messy! The brush supplied with the kit fell apart after the first layer so ended up holding the bristles in my fingers for the rest of the time :rolleyes:

IMG_0796.jpg

IMG_0795.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  14. Needed a spacer for the seat unit to sit correctly following all the fiberglass alterations so used aluminium as it will show where the front of the seat unit is cut out.

Just the fixings to sort now on the seat unit and a bit of sanding and it's done ready for paint.

Not looking forward to more fiberglass work on the belly pan :mask:

IMG_0792.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  15. Been a bit busy installing a bathroom for family and also putting off more fibreglass work as it's messy o_O but finally made more progress today. Back to Lancashire tomorrow on bathroom duty and then onto Liverpool with my plumber mate Col to pick up a Kawasaki SV he has just bought after searching for a Multistrada for a couple of months :thinkingface:

Seat unit now fibre-glassed on the top surface where I widened it at the front...

IMG_0831.jpg

The belly pan originally came in different lengths and depths, mine was too short as I wanted the version in the first picture...
    IMG_0856.jpg

This is a stubby version similar to what I had...
    IMG_0857.jpg

I used a PP former 1mm thick to form a mould (PP doesn't stick to the resin which helps) to extend it at the rear, using filed V's to give a better bond at the transition point...
    IMG_0848.jpg

Side view of PP former...
    IMG_0849.jpg

Getting messy with the laying up...
    IMG_0850.jpg

IMG_0851.jpg

Side view before laying strips on the outer face...
    IMG_0852.jpg

Outer face now laid up to hopefully give a full strength joint, now ready to sand and shape...
    IMG_0854.jpg

• Like Like x 9
Do Not Sell My Personal Information