1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kr1000 Replica Build...

Discussion in 'Builds & Projects' started by Exige, May 15, 2013.

1. We do like machined aluminium, especially when it results in bits like this :upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Polished aluminium has to have holes in it otherwise it is not 100% aesthetically pleasing and it is not as light as it could be.

4. @bettes
    Not mine :joy:
    Oh, and learn to quote :bucktooth:

• WTF WTF x 1
  5. It’s staying with the milled finish, I was contemplating holes but more period correct as it is, unlike the suspension and wheels o_O

6. A final adjustment to the belly pan and the initial dry build was complete - just stripped the bike.

Next is a mod to one of the engine mounts for aesthetic reasons and then shipping the frame and engine to Hull for the start of the Ti exhaust manufacture at Chads :)

IMG_1673.jpg

IMG_1744.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  7. FB_IMG_1601845121360.jpg are we there yet?

8. Nope, we’re going bigger :bucktooth: that one was for Chiz :eyes:

#1128 Exige, Oct 4, 2020
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 5, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  9. One thing that's been bugging me having used the GPZ1100 Headstock and Down Tubes to construct the new frame around is the box section Engine Mount.
    Bit the bullet today and drilled the frame so I can use a Stainless Steel engine plate like you can see on the far side of the frame - this then copies the race bike detail.
    The alloy tube shown was just to check the alignment as I drilled with a cordless drill by eye.

IMG_1753.jpg

Bracket now gone and the weld ground back. I've ordered some thick wall Steel Tube to slide in to the holes for welding in place.

IMG_1758.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  10. Steel arrived and drilled for the mounts... hopefully a trip to Hull soon to commence the Ti exhaust :thinkingface:

IMG_1794.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  11. Engine Stand arrived so now have easy all round access with a 360 degree swivel...

IMG_1795.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  12. Stu, that does look a little precarious mate, is it safe with just them M6/M8?
    Looking for summat similar for my ZX750A2 engine.

13. It’s using the two front M10 engine mounts So it’s fine yes, I leave a prop under it to take the overhanging weight when left and take it out when rotating.

You can make a sub frame up to clamp both sides on the engine mounts but this was good enough for now.

14. More pics :):upyeah:

237A6891-BC2A-4550-9009-22EDDD7DD9D8.jpeg EC1ACB3B-99EA-4EA9-A83E-0FDA696D913C.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  15. Ah much better view now chief, looks much much safer! :upyeah:

16. Is the engine stock?
    The other day when clearing out a little drawer unit, I came across quite a few valve shims left over from my zed days, are they any good to you? I had two lots, one lot for the over bucket shims, then I fitted Andrews high lift cams with under bucket shims, so there’s a few of those too.

BCB106A1-20DA-49D0-98BC-111F9728AE94.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  17. I think both types would be useful :bucktooth: for my Z1 and this one which is shim under bucket.
    The GPZ engine in this project has a stage 5 Pro Stock engine - 1260cc, huge lift cams with the head machined out to suit, large valves, 38mm Flatside carbs. It ran 155bhp at the rear wheel when first built at NCK with smaller 36mm carbs fitted.
    How much do you want for them :):upyeah:

18. I was thinking nothing. I don’t know if they’re worth something, but I’d rather they be used, than someone throwing them away when they have to clear out my garage when I’m dead.
    If they’re worth loads, a contribution to the “Whiteknights Yorkshire blood bikes”, but really I want nothing.
    I’ll drop them in York the next time I’m there, or leave them for you somewhere up your way (I mean a bike shop or cafe, not hidden as part of a treasure hunt) (although?) we occasionally go to Strawberry Fields and even less occasionally, Squires.

• Like Like x 1
  19. I've got some Z1000 Shim over bucket ones somewhere too, and some Z650(???) under bucket ones.
    If I come across them I'll let you know.

I also have a load of Hillman Imp Under bucket ones, but they won't be any good to you:D

• Love You Love You x 1
  20. Cheers!
    You're welcome to call in for one of my wonderful cups of coffee of which @Robarano thinks are the best in the world o_O

Do Not Sell My Personal Information