1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kr1000 Replica Build...

Discussion in 'Builds & Projects' started by Exige, May 15, 2013.

1. Well, managed a little bit today.
    Used the spare seat rail upright (dodgy bend) to check out the geometry and trial cut for the seat rail...

101.jpeg

102.jpeg

Then prepped the two 'real' tubes for the cut which was a bit tricky - the rail is cut to 51 degrees...

106.jpeg

Then they need to be cut circular for the 1" seat rail tube at an angle to the main centre line of 2 degrees - used a circular sticker to mark out prior to attacking with the powerfile...

105.jpeg

104.jpeg

That's it for now...

2. That is some sweet taping dude!!!!:D

3. Thanks - interesting programme - if only I fully understood it I could perhaps use it :smile:

4. OMG,, is that blood on those pipes,,,,,,,,,,,
    are you using hydraulic bender or is it manual one

5. Have both but manual gave least distortion by far. It's not blood on the 'tubes' just strategically positioned ink on the no go area's for the power file as I'm pretty sure, although not entirely convinced, you knew ;)

6. actually I thot it might be dye for crack testing.

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Nearly there with the first stage of the frame construction - just a few tweaks to do to the troublesome seat rails.....

Framea.jpeg

Frameb.jpeg

Framec.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  8. reluctant as i am to big you up, thats pretty cool mate! (pics a bit blurry but unlike others on here....)

9. That's not blurry, it's the frame wobbling :D

10. I told you before mate,,you gotta get a friendly welder on board here,, that tape is so ,,, amateuristic ,,, £150 will get you all you need to transform you day, ( ok I know that is a lot for a Yorkie to part with!! )

11. You have missed the fact that the tape is now reinforced with jubilee clips - it is now not only on par with, but stronger than your welds :)

12. get a cheap...but not gasless mig welded. you can spot the tubes etc and then leave it for a real welder to finish?

13. Don't forget for added rigidity, to add lolly sticks.

14. Chad (RCV4) is going to TIG it for me :Happy:

• Like Like x 1
  15. I already added bean cans, you amateur :Happy: lolly sticks go in the spokes...

16. They fall out of my Skyways.

17. w
    I suggested that ages ago, but I think gassless is so much less hassle and cheaper, why do you say not gassless, it is , as you say , only for small tacks which would be ground out anyway, ( tho having done lots of mig I am not a mig welder )

18. t
    the convenience of having a welding machine available when you are doing all this setting up compared with a one off visit from a welder is not comparable.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information