1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kreiga

Discussion in 'Clothing, Gadgets & Equipment' started by Seanarrow, Jul 22, 2020.

1. Don’t know if it’s spelt right. But am heading away from hard luggage I think. Heard the above are very good. And thinking of a 30 tail pack. Anyone have one. Or heard are they any good. thanks in advance
    Sean

2. Kreiga stuff is excellent. I have the US30, US20 and US10 packs. :)

Oh and thread moved :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. Have US20 and US10, plus other stuff - would recommend all day long, excellent gear.

4. They are superb, you won't find people doing much discount on them, if you do it might be counterfeit as they have really tight control on their pricing. I have a R25 Backpack that actually isn't rated as waterproof due to the zip type and yet it's never leaked, and I've had it 7 years now, my mate has a R30 and again it's been perfect, they are one of those brands in my opinion that have just nailed it.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
  5. Not sure how helpful my confirmation of quality was - they are unarguable awesome, but things to consider about the move from hard luggage are that you can’t just lock up and walk away, also it’s less easy to just find stuff, you have to unpack and undo straps etc.
    Everyone’s different but for me - round town and work it’s Kriega all day, but for distances I like my hard luggage.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  6. I have used Kriega gear for 15 years, it is not cheap but it is still waterproof. Rocommended!

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Yep I'm going the same way.

Alternatives you might want to consider are Enduristan and Moskomoto

8. Kriega stuff is awesome. I've used it for many years and have a US10 and US20 combo and when packed efficiently have given me enough storage for just over a week away.
    One thing I've found though: when using the 20 & 10 in combination, the old way of fixing the straps under the seat, can mean that the bags move around a little, but I have to say never enough to be a massive concern. But with the newer sub frame fixing straps, any sort of movement or wobble is eradicated as you can pull the straps down really tight.
    So it might be worth checking with Kriega about options for your bike for the newer bike fixing straps.

9. I have Kriega, also use SW Motech which have served me well over the years. Worth a look

10. Kriega US30 tail pack on my Street Triple with the dedicated fitting kit. It’s a matt paint bike and I was worried about the paint being marked. Needn’t have worried as the pack is rock solid and everything is held clear of all paintwork.

11. I've got a Kriega R20 with a US10 add on drypack that can also be used as a rear seat bag, pricey but really good quality gear!!:upyeah:

12. It's good stuff. Personally found it a bit of a faff though.

I ran it on my panigales and found it tiresome removing it and refitting it everyday . (personally ofcourse). It's still really the only sensible soft luggage option for sportsbikes

13. I have a US20 which is excellent. I used the inbuilt luggage loops on my Supersport, but it comes with luggage loops that you can attach under the seat to suitably sturdy parts of the chassis. On my Streetfighter V4S I used the Panigale V4 luggage pack adapter loops which I fitted in about 5 minutes and do the job perfectly.
    The packs are roll top, waterproof, good quality materials and are really easy to mount and dismount from the bike. They come with a shoulder strap you can use when it is off the bike. Excellent service from Kriega too.

Hope tht helps...

• Like Like x 1
  14. Another vote for Kriega here :upyeah: Was away for 10 days last year, had a US30 tail pack, their 20 litre rucksack and a small Givi 5 litre tank top bag (uses the Givi tank-lok system) for glasses, disk-lok, wallet etc. Its expensive stuff compared to others but you only get what you pay for and its incredibly well made and looks very long lasting.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Only ever heard good things about Kreiga but personally I'm a big fan of Ventura. Bit more expensive initially because of the frame but very good for capacity and the packs can be carried using hand grip or used as a rucksack when off the bike. Use it on my 748 and 1098 and would never have anything else.

• Like Like x 1
  16. IMG_0892.JPG IMG_0893.JPG IMG_0894.JPG I use Kreiga on my MTS (30, 20 and two 10s) - they do a 4 loop set that can be attached to the rear grab handles and that bolt into the small holes on the underside of the pillon pad. The Kreiga hooks then attach to these loops which means no fiddling with straps when the luggage is not being used. Works brilliantly and looks tidy. Will upload a photo if that helps.

#16 KevB, Jul 22, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  17. #17 Jez900ie, Jul 22, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. I have their stuff, and would recommend it.

However, I did get caught out when I found that my perfectly planned luggage arrangement wouldn't actually work just before a road trip.

Their rider packs (back pack, ruck sack, as you prefer) and bike dry packs are pitched as ultimately flexible - attach any one to any other, and appear to be so. However, I found that I couldn't attach the US-5 dry pack to my R30 rider pack, they just don't have the 'compatible' straps and clips to attach, as you would expect. In my case, this meant I had to hang my heavy US-10 off my R30 on my back, and put the lighter US-5 on my tank, the opposite of what I'd planned - quite inconvenient on a long trip.

I also think that their dry packs would benefit for having a clear panel for maps. I contacted Kriega about this years ago and was told they were working on it, but it never materialised.

Like I said, I'd recommend their stuff, but just check the permutation you want to use will actually work.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Thank you for feedback

• Like Like x 1
  20. Have a US-10 and their tool roll. Use their Kube packs too but for video gear. Exceptional quality :upyeah:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information