1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kreiga

Discussion in 'Clothing, Gadgets & Equipment' started by Seanarrow, Jul 22, 2020.

1. Now with pics: IMG_0892.JPG IMG_0893.JPG IMG_0894.JPG

2. Used US20 & 2 10’s plus Kreiga bumbag for trip to Assen a few years back. Solid as rock when strapped down.

E3113640-81B6-4DE2-88AB-D2D9FE6E6704.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  3. Far neater than panniers too I think b

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. thanks. Will just use us 30 I think.

5. My US20 came with the frame loops as part of the package

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. The hooks are seperate. I think they are sold as Panigale fittings - but they are just loops with a metal eyelet. Listed, or were, on the Kreiga website. I have used them for years and they have never let me down and are easy to tuck away when not in use.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Kriega, great luggage option, trip to Italy on the KTM

IMG_20180511_152026.jpg

8. Yep my touring luggge of choice
    I have a US30 2 x US10s and a kube that I mix and match
    I also have a KS40 I use as a flight bag

9. Could someone explain the advantages of tying bags to a bike over lockable hard luggage when touring please.
    Used Kriega bumbag and camelback on enduro bike, excellent stuff, but should itbe for its price.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Had a US20 for many years now. Great bit of kit that remains waterproof and if not overpacked, can always squeeze something else in.
    Sometimes the straps need a bit more tension after setting off but only observed one person over the years who struggled with the concept. Had to give him some cable ties.:joy:

11. Much slimmer, handy when passing cars on narrow mountain roads or filtering in Paris or similar cities. Sometimes difficult to avoid en route. Less weight too. Panniers on my GS are heavy without luggage. Depends on the trip and priorities.
    Got a trip next month in to Alps and have loads of mountain passes planned. Dilemma..

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Fucking full on Kreiga hoare here too...

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  13. Makes me laugh that two people on here have mentioned the price. They are not expensive, money buys quality and longevity.
    I assume that the two are willing to pay out for an expensive Ducati instead of buying a cheap Chinese motorcycle. :p

14. I like my 20
    BUT
    There are other brands that are good too. What makes Kriega so good is the variety in the one brand.
    Others can be just as dry, but not as customizable.

P.S. You can make anything work if you just use a drybag inside the soft luggage/backpack you already have.

15. I will say though...a few years back coming back from Oulton Park BSB we got a thorough soaking for 3 hours back to bristol and, said rain did get through the internal supposedly watertight liner....i took the liner to the NEC bike show a couple of months later and the Kreiga bloke replaced it for free....the new so far has been ok but i dont think ive ever been as wet as that day....

16. Had a few generic roll top bags leak a bit from the rolled opening. 120litre dry bag had water ingress after coming back from Somerset in torrential rain on Panzer. I think combination of heavy rain and wind speed forced water in and round the rolled up open end. As only tuff at rolled end got a wee bit wet.

17. They will let in water if overstuffed ,neck needs to rolled 3 times before fastening

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  18. Good to know

19. I have to say I've been through biblical levels of rain. A full wet week away in France meant coming home early. Coming back from the NC500 was so bad I had to stop somewhere to to dry off my 2nd pair of water proof gloves via an ASDA hand dryer.
    The Kriega bags didn't let in a drop.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information