1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

959 Kriega Drybag + Fittings

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by eclipse, Aug 21, 2017.

1. Hey all,

I know it can spoil the look of the bike having a fugly tail bag hanging off the back, but for longer journeys it's surely a must.

Does anyone have a Kriega US-20 using some Fitting Straps? If so I'd be interested to hear what their thoughts are - as the Kriega's are on the prettier side for a tail bag.

Cheers.

2. I've have one. Toured to Mugello with it. Awesome piece of kit and well worth the money.

3. I would recommend the US 20 with the tank adaptor (£19), as its a nice place to lean on a long journey.

4. Yep I've got a 5 two 10's and a 20 that I used on my 899 with no issues.

Just about to order the kit so it'll go on my 1299.

One thing I would say though is that if you're going to go down the line of using the tank adapter, make sure you put some tape or something between the strap and the paint otherwise it will likely scratch it!

A pic of my 899 with a few bits

IMG_0270.JPG

5. hi, ive been using the us-30 on the old 749 and now the cb1000r, i would say the 30 is a better size as a base to add the smaller additions to it, never had the straps damage paintwork, use a Kreiga daily

6. I've got a US20 & US10 - great bit of kit!

7. Thanks all, I popped an order in for a US-20 and the fitting straps. In-fact I can't find a single negative word about them.

Off for a day's bikesafe course on Saturday so I'll test them out then! :)

8. My only complaint is that it can push you forward on the seat so you sit on the narrow bit which gives you monkey butt. So try to keep the packing as square and compact as possible and dont be greedy.

9. Got US 20 and 30 would highly recommend
    Plus there is a useful YouTube video on what you can get in them
    I'm off to Spain next month and will use the 30 but could easily manage with 20

10. I did 20+10+5 for 2 weeks around Europe. 5 was handy for documents, 10 for contacts, lock, flip flops (best footwear for compact touring), sunglasses and other "quick grab" items. 20 was pure clothes.

11. Agree, but going to try hooking the rear loops around the tail tidy. This may stop it digging into the back, particularly when breaking.

Let's see.

Probably be looking through the wanteds soon for a new tail tidy when the whole thing goes pete tong.

12. You can do what I did, buy a spare set of Kreiga loops (only cheap) and run an extra one out of the back of your rear seat. Use this one as the anchor to stop it sliding forward.

• Useful Useful x 1
  13. Good idea pal, I can confirm the bungee cord version works too. In Ullapool at the moment with combo 40 strapped on. No arse digging since I bought the straps earlier today.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information