1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kriega Us Dry-pack Fitting On Monsters

Discussion in 'Monster' started by West Cork Paul, Jun 11, 2019.

1. Hi,

I'm guessing someone must have fitted a Kriega US Dry-Pack to a 796/1100 series. Would you have any pictures of how the straps go please?

I'm considering getting a US20 or US30 but I've an Evotech tail tidy fitted and can't for the life of me see what part of the frame the straps would connect to. Seems to me there's nothing to attach them to other than laying them under the seat and replacing the seat which doesn't seem that secure.

TIA

2. Hi Paul

I've used a combination of US 20 with a US10 on either side on my 696 Monsters (which both still have standard tea-tray rather than tail tidy). I remove the seat and lay one strap across the subframe in front of where the metal pin secures the seat, and run the other strap under the whole tea tray assembly (which does mean it gets covered in road muck thrown up by the back wheel). I put rubber grippy mat over the seat cowl before putting the bag on top of that.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. I bought a US30 for use on my 1200S. Being unsure of how to fit the thing I phoned Kriega who were most helpful, even offering to make up special straps if needed.
    As it happened the US30 fitted perfectly using the loops fitted beneath the seat of the 1200S.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. Hi Paul,
    I wish I had seen this earlier. I’ve just been to watch the S100 on the Isle of Man. I used a US20 on top of US30 crossways across the the pillion part of the seat on M1100. I used four of those straps with loops on. On the very rear of the subframe there slots either side of the tail light, I used one in each of those. I then used one either side of the ally part of the subframe looping them round it, slotting the straps in between the frame and the plastic tray under the seat. I then attached the US 30 to these loops with the straps with the ally hooks. When that’s on secure and nicely compressed I attached the US 20 to the US 30. As long as you can get the straps nice and tight the combination won’t move at all. In the past I’ve also used a US30 and a pair of US10’s length ways on the seat with as much success. I also used a US10 as a tank bag using the adapter thingy from kriega which I found useful.
    Hopefully that’s helpful but if you need a couple of pics I could put some straps back on the bike and take some pics and send them to you.
    BTW I’ve also got a Evotech tail tidy fitted.
    Cheer Colin

5. Thanks Colin. I sussed it out in the end care of a thread & picture in the UKMOC forum. For anyone else in the future it looked like this when done. The front securing loops are around the subframe just ahead of the exhaust hangers that way they can’t slide backwards when accelerating. The rear loops are around the metal hangers the indicators attach to that way they they can slide neither back nor forwards.

I didn’t cut the ends off the loops once fixed in case I want to use them on a different bike in the future, I just tidied them away in the framework.

One issue I did have is that the loops are loose, ie they hang down when not in use. Not an issue when the bag is attached as that pulls them taught but make sure, if you’re riding without the bag attached, they can’t flap and catch on anything.

Another issue was the front loops, when fixed, with the above in consideration, are only just about long enough for the compression straps and hooks to attach to. It all worked as intended but I could have done with compression straps that were 4” longer, especially when the bag is really full.

Also, I left my seat cowl in place when fixing the bag but made sure there was 2 layers of Gorilla tape where the straps touch. This avoids wear of the paint and scratches is easily removed with WD40 after the trip. I’d do the same if I’d taken the cowl off to avoid marks on the seat itself.

The whole set up from Kriega is excellent. It’s pricey compared to others but it’s extremely well thought through, works as intended, and worth the money IMO.

2AD741AA-4C1B-4D21-BD2D-7B461910B26D.jpeg
    97D277B0-1F97-4961-ADCB-510FC0E136F8.jpeg
    AD4BFCCB-3914-4CA0-9F6F-78C62BC37D59.jpeg

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. I did something similar on my 1200r.
    I managed to fit the straps so they can tuck away under the seat if required.
    I'll post some pics when I get back from ma hols.

• Like Like x 2
  7. 20190503_081726.jpg US30 on my 796

20190503_154934.jpg

8. Yes I prefer mine across. Set off and turned it around at the first petrol stop.

• Useful Useful x 1
  9. Here's some pics for the 1200r subframe.
    [​IMG]

You can rotate the rear straps round the frame and into the wee space around the seat locking thingy.

It's a bit of a faff but doable.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'm on a FudFest to the Pyrenees in September and I reckon I'll be using the 30lt and 3x10lts or the 30lt with 2x20lts and a 10lt on top.

With all them coupled together I need to have the 30lt running longways which isn't ideal, too effin cramped to be honest.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  10. The 30lt

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information