1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ktm 1290 Super Adventure S

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by PerryL, Aug 21, 2020.

1. I did but I just had to simplify things. Fowlers of Bristol, where I will visit for Guzzi and KTM, are also a Triumph dealer and so it may well come up when I talk to a salesbod. Triumph and Kawasaki were No 4 and 5. So when I can ride again, both will probably be looked at again.

2. Got it to over 17k just by adding a few accessories! Good old Ducati!
    upload_2020-8-26_14-36-33.png

• WTF WTF x 1
  3. Thursday now and still the same choice. Me, I'm getting decisive!!!

A mate (who rides BMW) reckons it should be the Guzzi coz of shaft drive, but I dunno. I've had chain drive bikes for at least the last 30 years. Never had any hassle and it does give you something to play with by changing gearing.

4. This is so good! No "can't make up my mind". No "change of mind". Still the same three bikes! Multistrada 950s, KTM 790 Adventure, or Moto Guzzi V85. Only change is that I won't just keep my existing bikes. I'll keep one and part exchange the other - or try and sell privately, here to start with.

I don't have to ask which one is best because it's a decision that I want to make - based on test rides. In theory, the order is Ducati, Moto Guzzi, and lastly KTM. I think that a V-twin better does it for me, whether it is V or L, but there is an emotional thing going on with KTM,

I'm pretty confident that, after boring everyone rigid with this saga, I'll end up with something else! I'm sure that I can tour on a Panigale!

5. Just seen this Aberdeen hotel I’m staying at it’s a 1290 I believe...very nice

4942EBEF-ADE5-4A56-8C28-57941D756526.jpeg

1EAA41A9-4522-4BC5-AFD2-E4B2FA2DA81C.jpeg

6. They seem to use this hotel a bit doing that 500 run 2 gsxr’s here last night

7. I don’t think the photo does it justice it did look nice to me in the flesh

8. R U saying you are a sh1t photographer?

But, I hope when I start looking properly, they are not too offensive in the flesh.

9. I’m definitely a shit photographer mate

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. I’m fact now I think about it nobody has ever said I’m good at anything ...that’s naff

11. That's a skill in itself!

12. Never thought of it like that ...thank you

13. Perry, you’re right about doing test rides then making up your mind. No good getting others opinions, everyone is different.

But in my opinion hahaaa you should have a look a Superduke Gt. Wayne seems to love em. It’s a lot nicer looking and most likely a good tourer.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. I will. I think that looks is unimportant, actually. You can't see it when you are riding it!

I've got a feeling that his may come down to dealer, anyway. I'm very easily offended! For KTM and Guzzi, there are two choices: Fowlers of Bristol and MotoCorsa in Wiltshire (I think it's Wiltshire but it could be Dorset). With Ducati, it's just Riders - either in Bristol or Bridgewater.

I can't do anything until my driving licence is restored and I get at least one (but really both) of my Ducatis on the road. And I get some money!

15. Do you not know about KTM in Swindon, or have you struck them off your list?

16. That's Blade, I think. I don't really want to deal with them.....but that may be my bias creeping in. Anyone got any experience of them? Good or bad - but bad is more juicy....

17. Blade in Abingdon seem to be a nightmare to deal with, two mates have purchased new bikes from them but then that’s it, they simply don’t want to know when you need help or advice let alone warranty work.

Never purchased from them myself just two mates.

18. upload_2020-8-30_14-2-21.png SENSIBLE MODE: £14,745.53. Just the panniers, now. I think this is it, although, in theory, it's still between the Ducati, KTM, and Moto Guzzi. Sorry to bore everyone but this is for my benefit! If I have it down somewhere then I won't forget.

And I want the Ducati really! F**k shaft drive!!!!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information