1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ktm 1290 Superduke 2.0

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by damodici, Nov 8, 2016.

1. A weird question on the way for you SDR owners -

what are they like in traffic, do they get hot quickly? Are there any known faults like starter motors needing changing often, starting issues etc?

2. There fine in traffic, the thing is a pussy cat and super smooth on the fuelling, I don't think mine would ever get to hot even if left to tick over for an hour, its been faultless for the 1600 miles I have done on it from new.

3. 2500miles on mine now, been over Hardknott pass tonight as it was dry and warm. Only downside of the 1290 is tyre wear. Even the sport touring Angel gt seems to be going quick.

4. Average 2000 miles from the rear m7rr on mine. You can waste one in half that if you want to. Can't have you cake and eat it I'm afraid.
    I think I'm going to have to invest in my own tyre changing gear. I pay £12 per loose wheel locally but getting through definitely two and usually three rears a year on two bikes and at least one front its a saving worth making.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information