1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ktm 1290 superduke R

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by brog86, Jul 26, 2013.

1. In light of the sub-£10k BMW S1000R, I think maybe KTM need to re-think the price.

Still rather have the KTM, though.

2. I have to side with MCN though as the Tuono V4 is astonishing, I'd have kept mine if it wasn't for the job situation at the time, but the new one with abs and bigger tank etc would actually of been my ideal. On the 2011 I could empty the tank in 80miles on a hooligan day :)

all in all though the packaged v4 engine + electronics do make it hard to beat, it's just such a slick machine.

im sure KTM will bring out an ecu flash/upgrade soon enough as everybody is saying exactly the same thing about the electronics and it's not really hard for them to write a bit of code to allow changes on the fly and turning things off etc

3. [​IMG]

The Beast at Bury.

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. That's a hell of a nice bike.... He'll of a price but nice all the same.

5. First impressions are all good. I'll do an amateur review later for kicks.

6. That bike looks awesome.

7. F'kin superb toy, and akra's to boot - love it!
    Not sure on the red post type accessories on the wing mirrors though :)

8. I'm a bit concerned about the chicken strips...

• Like Like x 3
  9. Wow, more pics please

10. Been down the pub tonight to meet a mate, he's just bought an HP4 with a whole bundle of extras. Then I get home and see pics of some other lucky bastard's bike...

I'm just off into the garden to fling this rope over that there tree...

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. I saw a hp4 in Matlock today. Lovely bike, and the only inline 4 I would want.

12. Still couldn't bring myself to buy a BMW and never like their idea of headlights either, fugly. :confused:

• Like Like x 1
  13. Just back. 100 miles and chicken strips almost shot.

14. Well done Count, I 'm sure I am losing me bottle as I get older ! Still next month I am to Scotland for a week, that should improve things. Nothing like riding more to improve oneself.

15. If you're just back what's the headlight like ?

16. The headlight was OK, I don't like the mix of light temperature with a bulb and the LEDs. The LEDs are good but I might swap to a white light bulb as the main light appears more yellow. I'm used to the MTS PP with full LED and I can be seen from space if I get the front end up.

• Like Like x 1
  17. I should add, despite me being fussy about light temperature (first world problems abound), the actual performance was fine, way better than my Streetfighter which was akin to shielding a candle over the clocks.

18. 2 cents incoming.....would have gotten it cheaper with the stock pipe and then got an Austin one....straight through, bosh, job done.

19. First line I've seen with a tail tidy.....which looks the fits...

20. I like the Akra, and no warranty concerns. Even the graphics match :)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information