1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ktm Super Duke R 1290

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by Wayne58, Apr 24, 2018.

?

Which Colour

Poll closed May 8, 2018.
  1. Black

15 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. Grey/White

15 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. Just looking on ktm web site, they do a hanger for akra and one for the oem exhaust. Is it possible the evo tech one on your bike is not for the akra? Not teaching you to suck eggs, but was just a thought?

2. Only had it on with the Evotech but I’m guessing they are all similar. Just seems a bit odd they didn’t pull it out a bit further as the exhaust would happily accommodate that. I’m just a fussy git, it will be fine.

My Evotech is for the full system. I even emailed Evotech a picture and checked with my dealer, that’s how it fits.

• Like Like x 1
  3. I just read a small piece on the rottweiler web site that says if you have the 2017 bike, with full akra fitted, the 13-16 hanger should be used. Have a glance in product description.

http://www.rottweilerperformance.co...ke-1290-r-exhaust-hanger-bracket-choose-year/

4. Not sure that clears it up. If you have a newer bike you still need to buy the same exhaust hanger as the previous model with the full system :p

It’s really not a big issue, just bugs me they didn’t leave a little more space. First world problems...

Re reading the link you posted. They say you need the 13-16 hanger even if you have a 2017+ bike, but they give you the option of selecting the 13-16 or 2017+ variant. Maybe I need to sober up :)

This is mine, straight from the horses mouth. What I don’t get is that it looks like the standard pillion pegs will take the full or standard system but Evotech have two variations. Maybe it’s cool to run it extra close the the rear tyre.

https://evotech-performance.com/pro...povic-full-system-exhaust-hanger-bracket-2017

#184 Jimmy899, Jun 9, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2018
  5. OK Jim, I may well avoid that hanger then, as that would bug me a bit. Will get their tail tidy but may look elsewhere for the pipe hanger, cheers again for the help.

6. What jonda range do you get with a duke......ridden fairly sensibly?

7. Between 120-150 before the light comes on.
    I've covered 1800 miles on mine now so been a few tankfuls.

8. Confirmed today, mines ready this Saturday :upyeah:

• Like Like x 5
  9. Good luck and see ya ;)

• Funny Funny x 2
  10. Got an email off Garry today, out of stock for a few weeks, might try another supplier for the same part or possibly go the R&G route ?? R&G one looks even further under the tail which I like but doesn't look as well built. Anyone got experience of the R&G tidy ??

• Like Like x 1
  11. Scratch that, doesn't work for this item :(

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. Evotech very kindly put me on to dealers that may have stock, and the KTM centre in Hemel Hempstead had one left. Ordered, will arrive tomorrow, looks a fairly easy bolt on in the pics ?? Any stumbling blocks from you boys that have fitted the Evotech unit ?? @Jimmy899 , I have also sent your picture to Evotech just to confirm the position of your exhaust is correct with relation to the hanger, and he's gonna take a look at it today and get back to me, but says on the phone, they do run quite close, but you have his assurance it won't touch :upyeah:

13. I’m with gimlet. I’ll have a key, thanks, or no lock at all just a screw top

14. Morning Bradders, I have only just woke up off nights, but the above is confusing me a tad ??

#195 Wayne58, Jun 12, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 12, 2018
  15. I’m probably 6 pages behind...

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. Ahh, guessing you are talking about keyless fuel caps then ??

PS, so you're not with Gimlet then, as in he's there with you, you're with him, as in, he does not like keyless either ?? Doh.....

17. @billynomates are you still here?

Ffs ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. I'll stay to try and convert you boys ET, to zee wayz of ze Austrians :upyeah:
    Also, I know you lot can't get by without my technical input, and all the help I provide on various threads o_O

(I feel an ET love nuke coming)

• Funny Funny x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information