1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ktm Super Duke R 1290

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by Wayne58, Apr 24, 2018.

?

Which Colour

Poll closed May 8, 2018.
  1. Black

15 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. Grey/White

15 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. I emailed them a picture a few weeks back and they said it was normal. The guys on the KTM forum say it’s precision engineering :laughing:

• Like Like x 1
  2. Thanks Jim, will post up pics at the weekend, once that massive mud guard and the air brake number plate are off. 7x5 ordered already. :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  3. Good work mate, I bet you’re counting the hours. I’m off to Germany next week. Definitely sort out a southern SDR ride when I’m back.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Have a great trip. PS, can we wait till its run in so I don't have to ride like a pansy :D

5. I’m back in 3 weekends so that’s plenty of time, get it booked in now.

I genuinely checked my odometer at the weekend as I thought the mileage was accumulating faster than my previous bikes, it was bang on. It’s such a pleasure to ride you rack them up in no time, which is really a good thing.

• Like Like x 1
  6. You had it a few weeks not wayne ya tart :D how goes it on the two wheeled thingamebob

7. Mate, the two wheeled thingamebobs from ze Austrians is fecking epic and for me, there's no going back. Not had this much fun since my FS1E. Stunning motor, epic brakes, fantastic handling and comfort to boot. The looks are subjective but only 1 person has criticised it that I know, and a couple of sour grapes on here. Personally, I love it, and think it looks fresh and modern but "get out of my way" aggressive. But the stand out is the engine, it's a masterpiece of torque, power and perfect fuelling. So all in all noobs, an absolutely fantastic bike that I have very little, if anything to criticise. :cool::upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  8. You’ll love the AA’s Xmas party :upyeah:

9. I like a drop or two of white wine mate, but wouldn't say I'm an alcoholic. But I do appreciate your concern ET.

• Funny Funny x 2
  10. Just go back from 7 days in Germany. Amazing roads, amazing bike. The guy on the 1260 was loving the new motor as well - he came in 2016 on the 1200 and had to make 4 stops to Ducati dealers during the trip.... Unfortunately we were having too much fun to stop and take some decent photos.

I’ve now done 9k miles since September. Not bad for a weekend toy!

896D4D8B-6017-4B5A-BAFB-62E17AFB0B13.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  11. Glad you had a great time (and nice of you to back off the gas a bit, so the 1260 bloke could keep up :D) . Is that a sump guard on your bike Jim? If so which one fits with the full akra? I was told the evo tech one does not?

Edit. Just saw they do an Akra version and a stock one. :upyeah:

#211 Wayne58, Jul 1, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2018
Do Not Sell My Personal Information