1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ktm Super Duke R 1290

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by Wayne58, Apr 24, 2018.

?

Which Colour

Poll closed May 8, 2018.
  1. Black

15 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. Grey/White

15 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. Cheers mate, will gently rub it up and down her legs when it arrives :eek:

• Like Like x 1
  2. If she’s from Brum you may want to get the razor out first ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. By the way James, how long is the running in ? 600 or.......

4. And the Lambrini !!

5. 500 - 600. Took me a weekend as the bike is that addictive. It seems to get better with every ride and I’m on 6k now.

6. Righty O, I will probably go for about a 1000 then before properly winding it on, am bit of a stickler for running in the very best I can, as it seems to pay dividends come the "how much oil does it burn" time

7. Its supposed to be 6000 rpm for the first 600 miles then after the first service 1000 rpm per 100 miles till you get to 1000 miles then you can use the lot.

Hope I'm not tempting fate to say this but mine is coming up 15,000 miles and its still doesn't use a drop of oil between changes.

8. Thanks Gimbo, thats pretty much the stance I'll take on it also.

9. My manual states 6,500 for the first 620 miles and then full beans (10,250). Bit of beadtime reading.

I never bang it off the limiter or bog down during running in but I’m also not over cautious. Out of 5 new bikes I’ve never had to top up the oil.

• Like Like x 1
  10. One more thing, paint and headlight protection. I used these guys to supply and fit - it covers the front fairing, mudguard, headlight, tank, TFT and rear plastic around the taillight. I enjoy not worrying too much when it comes to cleaning and stones flying in my general direction.

https://www.racebydesign.co.uk/

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Cheers Jim, I know these guys, they did my last 3 cars :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  12. Just had call from DMC, bike and parts ready late next week, was a back order on a few of the parts, but the Orange meanie arrives next weekend, fingers crossed. :D

• Like Like x 3
  13. I've heard you're best redlining it everywhere you go, Rev the tits off it on the driveway before you set off and when you get back, and for good measure burnout the rear tyre until it pops as apparently the stock rubber is shit.

Again its just a rumour but it stacks up, good luck :upyeah:

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. Righty'O' , all over it Damo, consider it thrashed, that'll learn it :D

• Like Like x 1
  15. Final options I selected were as follows, and I plan to add the Evo Tech tail tidy, exhaust hanger and some ASV black regular length levers. Anything else to add or ya reckon it's there or there abouts ??

Akra Evo kit inc filter, map and S&S plates.
    Race triple clamp
    Wave disks front and rear
    Brake, clutch and rear brake covers in orange billet
    Rear seat hump
    Powerparts front seat
    Carbon fibre petrol cap surround
    Carbon fibre front mudguard
    Track pack
    Performance pack.

Anything else while I'm sat on net armed with a bank card ?? :D

Maybe @El Toro has some ideas, I've heard he loves KTM's o_O

#175 Wayne58, Jun 8, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 8, 2018
  16. The Evotech hanger runs ridiculously close to the rear tyre, apparently it’s normal but I’m not a big fan. The KTM unit could be the same but I’ve not seen it in the flesh.

17. Even with a smaller plate on Jimmy, or the unit itself ?? Which tidy do you have ??

PS, seen the KTM one, pokes out a bit too much to the rear

18. I've got the Evotech hanger I think, with the full akrapovic it does run close but it doesn't touch.

I can take a picture tomorrow if you like, right now I'm trying to get out and have beers and the Mrs is hogging the iron

• Like Like x 1
  19. I mean the exhaust hanger... its not caused any problems but just seems a little close to me.

482C991B-C1E8-45E2-9D89-4D5F9EEB7D48.jpeg

#179 Jimmy899, Jun 8, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2018
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  20. Ah, that makes sense, thought you meant the number plate hanger and was a little baffled. Cheers mate, providing it does not hit, that's good enough for me i reckon. I'll look at a few on line and see what's what. I'm guessing the akra is quite close when held with rear peg ? :upyeah:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information