1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ktm Superduke R

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by panigale66, Oct 16, 2020.

1. With Ducati’s becoming too expensive to buy new and nothing really excites me in the new current lineup do I hang on to see if there is a new V2 streetfighter or bite the bullet and get myself a SDR there is some good deals around on new bikes starting at 14,000 and all of the reviews seem to rave about it

2. The SDR is a really fun bike.

They are more agricultural than a Ducati though

3. Do you think so? On my SDR I found the engine/clutch/gearbox so easy (smooth) compared to my Ducatis (Diavel and Multi) and the quickshifter/autoblipper was super slick. Suspension on the Gen1 & 2 SDR is a bit firm (as is the seat) but not agricultural, IMHO.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. If I was in the market for new at the moment, the route would 90% be towards the KTM.
    The shift to V4 and the ever rising price point have pretty much killed my interest in a new Ducati.
    (Would be more interested in the early stuff now).

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  5. if you like Vtwins go for it, a lot of the guys on the Tuonoworld forum have now got them. as said the early ones seem to have suspension issues

• Like Like x 1
  6. I took one for an extended test ride, was happy to give it back. It was functional but not emotive. The SF V4 made me go the long way home...

• Like Like x 1
  7. Go for it, you wont be disappointed.

• Like Like x 1
  8. The 1290 Sd is an absolute riot of a bike. Really comfy ergos, massive torque and with a full Titanium akrapovic they sound the absolute nuts. I'll also add that full titanium akrapovic can be had for about £2k or just less , over half of the V4Sf akrapovic.

I really quite fancy a v4 sf, I really do, but I'm struggling to get over the additional £5k (excluding exhaust) that you need over the 1290 Sd.

I'm going to have to ride the 2020 SD and SF back to back if I can

• Like Like x 1
  9. I sold my 1100 Tuono Factory at the beginning of the year as I’d done over 10000 miles in a little more than a year and the big service was looming. I got my first KTM which was a 1290 SAS as I had a few long European trips planned but obviously that all went to pot so we did the NC 500 instead. Whilst the bike performed fantastically it was just missing the fun element, but I wouldn’t describe it as agricultural. So wanting another naked I bought a 20 Super Duke. Now it’s run in it just wants to wheelie everywhere and it makes you ride like a hooligan but on the flip side it’s the most refined KTM I’ve ridden. Engines like a turbine with a bit of vibes through the pegs but not what I’d describe as a buzz. Jump on my 959 and it feels like tractor in comparison. However the KTM for whatever reason doesn’t feel as special as the Ducati but still a fantastic bike. Like a Tuono with a twin engine.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. I fucking love mine o_O

IMG-20201013-WA0003.jpeg

• Like Like x 7
  11. But you’ve bought the slowest colour . Love the Rs, got the same one on the bench at the moment as recently had the engine rebuilt by Sean at the tuning works.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Im firmly stuck in old analog world....however if i had the money the new SDR is the only bike id buy....

• Like Like x 1
  13. Today’s test ride around north Wales before I’m not allowed in 7761B07B-749E-478F-82FA-CFA96EAE7EE0.jpeg

• Like Like x 7
  14. Evotech and I modified the rear plate holder as we get away with small reg plates!! It's a quality product

• Like Like x 1
  15. Looks better with the rear foot pegs removed as well, had another test ride today but lid didn’t match the bike and I like the black better I think 3A6DA1B5-C137-4147-9C43-D23E45F74524.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  16. When it first came out I didn't like the blue and orange, but it's growing on me.

• Like Like x 1
  17. I can’t see anything other than the rs 250

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  18. I do love the little rs it's a little time machine back to my late teens instantly when I ride it!

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Was the RS built early Seventies? Just asking like....

• Funny Funny x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information