1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ktm Superduke R

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by panigale66, Oct 16, 2020.

1. You'll have a blast believe me.

Have you opted for the tech pack and heated grips given the time of year? What's the list of mods looking like, happy to share what I have done and what little things I have learnt along the way in the last 12 months if it helps.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Would dropping a tooth on the front sprocket make sense, for fun?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. Done it on mine, primarily for the round town stuff being a twin, but it does have the additional benefit of being faster off the line, not that they need to be faster.

It's a bit of a PITA changing the sprocket though, not hard but some things that seem harder than they should be.

You have to remove the clutch slave and there's a plastic piece behind that but there's a little metal pin that fell out, this locates in the pushrod and the plastic piece I guess to stop the pushrod spinning... took me an age to figure that out.

I couldn't get the chain over the teeth on the front sprocket the chain was too tight, even slackening the chain via the eccentric hub made little difference. I ended up having to remove the rear sprocket to allow the chain to hang free so I could get it over and past the front sprocket.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Sounds like a DIY job. Don’t Involve Yourself….

• Funny Funny x 2
  5. It was ahead scratcher, I think it took me two attempts to figure out how to do it, I thought I was losing my marbles as it was all in front of me but couldn't get the chain over the teeth. I even watched a YT video where someone had an adventure I think and they ended up loosening/removing the swingarm bolt to allow the swingarm to move enough to get the chain over the sprocket.... that probably threw me TBH.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Got the tech pack and an evotech tail tidy thrown in. Will get the grips on at first service. Apart from a smattering of carbon here and there over the next few months there's nowt really planned until I get to know it.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Make sure you get the Evotech rad guard while you are at it, it's very exposed ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Gen 3 front sprocket change is simpler, literally remove 2 bolts that hold the cover on and you have full access to sprocket nut. Definitely recommend 1 tooth down on the front, from 17 to 16 makes it way easier and punchier! As if it needed more get up and go. I changed mine out along with lightweight rear sprocket and RK chain…. image.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  9. That's not my experience on my Gen3 as I listed above, maybe as it was pretty much a new bike the chain hadn't stretched enough, but even slackening the chain fully there wasn't enough slack to get it over the front sprocket teeth.

10. Could you not have removed the front sprocket ,fitted the chain and then slide the sprocket back on to the splines ?

11. Read my original post - that was the plan, the obvious plan, done it 100's of times, but no.

12. Its official, I'm now in the club. Wanky cold wet ride home but loving the bike already.

• Like Like x 5
  13. Yeah if your not splitting the chain then removing clutch slave cylinder is your only option as zero clearance. Same with Panigale. You should have just got yourself a new soft link and saved the hassle. With the correct tools it’s a 5 minute job to split the chain and re install a new link.

• Useful Useful x 1
  14. Doh ,to much home-brew drunk :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. Fellow sex pests,

1. I did a bloody beautiful wheelie yesterday. Kicking myself for not recording it.

2. More importantly, the “slip” number on the left hand side of the dash. I’ve been told that’s my traction control setting. How do I lower it. It started on 4 and now it’s on 7 and then randomly it’s now on 8. My sausage fingers are obviously doing something.

16. The plus and minus buttons on the left bar allow you to adjust the slip.

17. For wheelies I believe 3 or 4 is the sweet spot, wheelie control off etc.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Not the same bike but I’m sure on my 790 scalpel I can turn TC off in track mode. I’m deeply tempted to buy a 1290 even though I know it’s too much bike for me.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Gents,

A full Akra system is for sale on my local South-West Superduke group.

£1650 but you will need the map, indicator thingy etc.

20. See below..,.

F552F531-00A8-4A1B-92A6-7A018E8432D1.png

161AD09E-B6CD-4D07-84B4-8EB7EFE980BF.png

Do Not Sell My Personal Information